lpiere's profile

Contributor

• 

18 Messages

Saturday, January 2nd, 2021 12:00 PM

Closed

Spam email from my own email address.

I am getting bombarded by email from someone using my email address in the from line. What can I do to block this or stop it from happening?

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

3 years ago

It's likely your email address is being "spoofed".  Spammers can make it look like you are sending out junk mail when you aren't.  Check your Sent folder to see if they are showing up in there.  If they are, change your password immediately because it means the account has probably been compromised.  If it's only spoofing, there is nothing you can do to prevent it.  

Contributor

• 

18 Messages

3 years ago

Thank you. There is nothing in my sent folder to match the emails that I am receiving. I think, by looking at the emails coming in, that my email was sold for ad purposes. When they first started coming, I didn't realize that it was my address in the from area, so I unsubscribed to it. It didn't stop.

Thank you again

Gold Problem Solver

• 

9.1K Messages

3 years ago

Unless it's coming from a known and reputable source that you've done business with NEVER EVER "unsubscribe" from spam.  Not only will it not work but it will mark your address as a live one that is actually read.

mady

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I'm getting these now.  No "sent" equivalent, but apparently comes from  "an IP address <my e-mail address>".  I can't block my own e-mail address, so SPAM gets through.  Is there no way to stop this other than changing e-mail?

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

3 years ago

@drossbach1 

You should find this of interest.  There is really nothing to be done about it in most cases----------------------

https://askleo.com/why_am_i_getting_spam_from_myself/

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here