G

7 Messages

Tuesday, November 7th, 2023 6:31 PM

Closed

SMTP and IMAP server not found

My Android email app using SMTP and IMAP, last synced on November 7th at 2:45 ( EST).   Yes I can access my email via web browser.  I can also set up a GMAIL account using my comcast.net email and PW. 

On the default Samsung email app ( I've used regularly for several years), it can't connect to either IMAP or SMTP server neither can I send or receive.  

Is there an outage on SMTP and IMAP? 

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

10 months ago

Same problem.  Android email app.  Last sync Nov 7 @ 12:36 AM MST.  Rebooted phone.  Both WIFI and VERIZON networks fail. Outlook on my PC works. Android Chrome browser via WIFI to xfinity.com email works. Android Email app last updated Jul 27 2023. 

(edited)

1 Message

Same problem.  Not able to receive or send messages.  Last sync was at 1:56 am.  Android phone.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello, @user_weqmu2. Thanks for reaching our team through Forums regarding the phone issues. 

Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform.

Have you tried calling or texting 888-936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

10 months ago

SOLUTION:  The email app asked me to re-entered my xfinity password and 2nd identification factor.  Now working.  2023-11-07 14:38 MST

(edited)

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

That worked for me for about an hour..... then it stopped working again.

1 Message

10 months ago

I'm having the same problem on 3 different Android phones and 2 different Comcast email addresses.  Not a problem on my PC/Outlook or by going to my email through a browser (phone or PC).  What's going on here?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_0zwgxe Thanks for connecting with us here. Sorry about the trouble with your email. Our engineers are working hard to get this resolved. Please log into www.xfinity.com for email access during this time. We appreciate your patience.

(edited)

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Regular Visitor

• 

11 Messages

10 months ago

I thought it was the Samsung Email app, but I'm now thinking this is an Xfinity issue. There is a Samsung Community thread going about it, and users are reporting the same thing. People with Samsung Email app synced to Xfinity email are reporting that the app is not remembering the password/authentication after about 30 minutes. Uninstalling and reinstalling app temporarily fixes it, but after 30 minutes or so, it fails again. This just started on November 7, 2023. Xfinity needs to work with the Samsung Email app and get this fixed pronto!

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

I know I'd be wondering that too, @RBinPerson. Our engineering team is aware some Samsung users with comcast.net addresses are reporting the inability to send/receive emails and are working towards a fix. In the meantime, we recommend accessing your email using the Xfinity Email website. Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

10 months ago

NOT SOLUTION:  It worked almost an hour for me.  Broken again.  Not asking for password. Tried changing server settings.  Can't get it to ask for a password.  IFB

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@jb4096, Thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support. Our engineers are working to get this issue fixed. We appreciate your patience while they work on it. We will let you know as we learn more. 

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

How long will this take to resolve?
Today is December 12, 2023.
I was forced to change my Xfinity password. Now I am not able to access my email via my Samsung Android phone.
I keep getting a message to "Please sign in to my comcast.net email address.

I click the "Sign in link" and I am placed in "Edit IMAP" page and the cursor is on IMAP password.

Official Employee

• 

278 Messages

This should get you back up and running on the Samsung email app:

Please delete your email account on Android using the steps below:

1. Open your Email app. If you are having trouble finding it, swipe upward from your Home screen, then tap inside the search bar and type "Email."

2. If prompted, enter your login information. If this happens, you may stop here as the issue should be clear now. If you are not prompted for your password, continue.

3. Once you can view your Inbox, tap on the three horizontal lines in the upper left corner of the screen to open a menu.

4. Tap on the icon resembling a gear, located in the upper right corner of the menu.

5. The email accounts associated with your Email app will appear at the top of the Accounts list. Tap on the email account you wish to remove.

6. Tap "Remove," located in the upper right corner of the screen.

7. Tap "Remove" in the pop-up window to confirm that you want to remove the account.

8. You may now recreate the email account using the normal methods.

This is our last update from our engineering teams and there are reports of success after following these steps.

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

@XfinityXanadu​  I have Xfinity Mobile and Outlook app on my Xfinity Mobile Android phone and have had same issue as described on there since Nov but its even worse than the sync issue.  After Xfinity told me to change my password due the issues that were happening for them I could not use Outlook on my Xfinity Mobile Android phone or my Android tablet.  It kept asking me to  sign in using my Comcast email id and password and when I did it said it did not recognize or it was incorrect or something like that and to sign in again ........... and then it was peat and repeat.  Based on what you posted above about the Samsung email app I need to know what to with my Outlook app to resolve this problem. I cannot use it at all on phone or tablet after changing my Comcast password.  Do I need to uninstall my Outlook app and start over?  Also....is the SMTP and IMAP password the same as my Comcast email id and password? I have been using the webmail version on Xfinity  out of desperation but I don't like it and never have. Does not have all the features that Outlook does and the text is so small and when I enlarge the screen I can't see everything I need to see/use. I also use Outlook on my desktop and that is working fine getting email from Xfinity server and syncing and so forth. I really need to get this resolved.  Thank you

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here