G77459's profile

Contributor

• 

18 Messages

Saturday, July 6th, 2024 1:19 AM

Setup eMail on Samsung Galaxy phone

My wife forgot her xxx.comcast.net eMail password so she changed it and the eMail client on the phone said she needed to update. When you try the new PW, the sign-in dialog sends you to a Xfinity dialog box where it tries to sell you Xfinity Mobile and has some links to privacy stuff but there is no "OK" or Let's Go box to select to be able to input the new PW. I drove to the closest Xfinity store and the guy said they do not do troubleshooting. He saw the same thing I did and suggested I delete the old comcast.net account. I deleted the eMail account and we tried to manually add it back but the App sends us to the same Xfinity dialog box. I came home and spent 45 minutes on the phone with a nice lady and the issue was not resolved. They can send me a test eMail and I can get it on the online eMail client but the phone still cannot setup the eMail address because it goes to the same Xfinity dialog box. I took a picture of the dialog box and offered to text or eMail it to support so they can see their web page is not working. She checked with her supervisor and there is no way to send anything to them. She said it was a Samsung problem and I should contact them. My contention is it is an Xfinity problem with their dialog box. I'll post 2 pictures to demonstrate. I will go to my AT&T carrier next to see if they have seen something. I changed my comcast.net eMail password so now both phones do not get eMail.  I use my Gmail account to forward to my Comcast eMail account so I can still see eMails but not what I want.

BTW, I did read about this error and found a post but did not want to tag on the end.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that do not. :) 

Contributor

• 

18 Messages

3 months ago

I stumbled onto the answer. In order to update the PW, you have to remove the eMail account from the phone (this was posted before). Then you have to add it back in but enter the setup manually (otherwise you get stuck in the same Xfinity web page). I selected the POP3 variety (not IMAP) and was able to input my comcast.net eMail password (2 times in the screen) and accept all the default settings. 

When you add the account, all your past eMails will show up as new and you can mark them all as Read later.

Someone from AT&T (and the other carriers) needs to find out why the Xfinity web page does not allow you to input a password. I tried disabling the 2 factor authentication, thinking that somehow it was trying to authenticate the password setup, but it did not work.

HTH

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here