U

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Mon, Aug 1, 2022 4:27 PM

sent emails have disappeared

Literally all of my sent emails older than April 2022 have completely disappeared.  I have reached out to Xfinity helpdesk and the restore gave me back to June of everything except my sent emails.  What's happening and how do I get my emails back.  Please Help!

Official Employee

• 

290 Messages

4 months ago

@user_53bde9  her is a great link https://comca.st/3d5cyW7 to recover deleted emails

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

4 months ago

No. That method of recovery only works for recently deleted emails.  I've lost my entire history of sent emails.  I never deleted them.  My second attempt at recovery from Xfinity help only gave me the last 30 days which I already have.  

Official Employee

• 

406 Messages

Thank you for the information. Are you using a third party app or the Xfinity website to verify your emails? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

The Xfinity website on my computer.

Official Employee

• 

184 Messages

Thank you very much for that clarification. I would like to look further into that issue from here for you. Could you send me a direct message with the full name and complete address for your service? 

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://comca.st/3QEB52R

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

I've tried to send a direct message via this link https://comca.st/3QEB52R and I get an error message.  I have not been able to determine a "Direct Message Icon".  Please give me a phone number which I can respond to you and I will be happy to provide you with the information you have requested.

Again

Expert

• 

28.2K Messages

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

Has anyone found out how to fix this problem or how to reach someone at Xfinity who will actually help?

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@user_42521d​ So far I have not found anyone to help me

Official Employee

• 

447 Messages

I would like to assist you with looking into what is going on with the emails that are no longer showing on your account.

Can you send us a direct message so we can help get you set up?

To send a direct message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct messaging" icon near the top right of the page

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

2 months ago

Good morning,

@user_53bde9 Apologies for not seeing/getting to this sooner, but unfortunately the logs are no longer available to review what exactly happened, but what I can see from currently logs is that there is frequent access via IMAP from an iPhone iOS 15.6.1 and in my experience majority of email disappearance issues involve email clients. Have you reviewed for any recovery options on the device in question and/or reviewed some of its settings to confirm if there are any deletion schedule rules that could have removed the emails? To additionally note, our system is not designed or coded to monitor/prune emails from anything besides the spam and trash folder, for exact details on our system deletion schedule: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/set-email-deletion-settings

If there is deletion happening that is not referenced in the link above, its not being done by our servers - its being done externally by a third party email client.

@user_42521d similarly as above, but whatever is accessing your emails over IMAP is not providing an identifier so I am not able to tell you what exactly is accessing your emails and manipulating them. If you do not access your emails over IMAP then you may want to secure your email account with password and secret question changes and possibly even disable third-party email application access under settings at the top right > Email Settings > Security on the left column > Third Party Access Security and make sure that the box has no checkmark to disable. 

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

2 months ago

Thank you so much for your help.  I unchecked the Third Party Access Box and I'm changing my password and security info.  I appreciate your taking the time to look into this and help me from preventing it from happening again.

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

2 months ago

Hi, it's me again.  When I disabled the Third Party Access I was able to use my email on my computer, but it completely blocked my ability to access my email on my cellphone.  I have an Iphone 10.  I always keep privacy protection turned on in my Iphone mail settings and that's not what's preventing my access.  Is there any way around that so I can block third-party access and still be able to access my mail on my phone?

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

@user_53bde9​ Good afternoon,

Correct. The feature you disabled on the website is what's preventing your phone from accessing the emails because it is a 3rd party software used for the downloading and viewing of emails. This software can also delete emails on your behalf (sometimes whether you want it to or not). The only work-around would be to use an internet browser or in your case likely Safari app to go to xfinity.com and access emails through there(you may have to enable desktop site view as the mobile version of the website does not have an email button). 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here