U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, July 16th, 2024 6:24 PM

Secondary Email Authentication Error?

My main email that I've used for decades is my secondary on my xfinity account. I can't access it this morning. It says it's an authentication error. I tried different passwords under server settings and deleting and re-adding the email. Who can reset it so that it works? Yes, I've tried the xfinity website. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

2 months ago

I'm having the same issue. Yesterday I changed my password through the Xfinity site, and started getting my emails, but this morning (July 17, 2024), it's telling me that the password doesn't work, and now I can't log into the Xfinity email login page.  FIX THE ISSUE NOW!

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

2 months ago

I am having this problem also.

I can log into the accounts via the web site, but not with my email app, or on mobile device.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 months ago

I spent the better half of yesterday trying to get this fixed. I read through every forum thread I could find with people having the same issue. There weren't any good answers from Xfinity people, but someone else posted the link to change the password on the secondary account. It's not changing the password on the server settings that you access through the gear icon in the Xfinity email program/page. It's this link: xfinity.com/password

I believe it was xfinity.com/password (do this at your own risk). I made sure all of the emails had the same password. There was a lot of loading and reloading, xfinity timing out over and over etc. I also used the app on my phone to work on this and tried different browsers etc. Eventually, I got both passwords working. I assume the problem was that I was forced to change my main password and didn't update the secondary, but who knows. Maybe comcast was just partially down yesterday. Good luck everyone! Email is pretty important. Comcast shouldn't be dropping the ball on this. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here