dagub's profile

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, April 15th, 2024 4:53 PM

secondary email address disappeared

I understand I need to post a question in order to access the direct email icon, which seems to be necessary to get my secondary email address back.

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

5 months ago

@dagub 

Direct messaging isn't allowed until an official employee asks you to do so; it's against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy to send anyone an unrequested DM/PM.  Also note, if you do send one without being asked to do so, it could possibly be ignored.

Please post your issue in public in the proper forum so that it can be addressed either by other customers or by an Official Employee.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 months ago

I have three email addresses attached to my primary email id, four email addresses in total.  In early February, 2024, one of the three secondary addresses stopped receiving emails, and would not allow me to log in using that id.  It also disappeared from the list of managed emails on the Xfinity web site.  Support was able to allow me to reset the password for that id, and it is receiving emails now.  I was told that in 30 minutes, it would appear on the list of managed emails.  That has proven not to be true.  If it is just another tortured call to support, I will do that, but any other solutions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hello @dagub I'm sorry to hear your email address has not shown up in the list for your online account. Have you had a chance to logout, fresh your browsers and log back in to confirm?

How do you access your emails?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

My secondary email address hasn't been getting email since about the time as yours.  It doesn't show on the account either.  I've tried any password I ever used for it with no luck.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Greetings, @user_bx4prl! I hope your week has been treating you well. Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your secondary email, but you have definitely come to the right place for assistance.

If you haven't been regularly accessing your secondary email account, or if the password expired without being updated, it's possible the account was made inactive. You can find more details about how to reactivate it here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/email-activity-status

If you have been regularly accessing your email account, but the password no longer works, you should be able to reset it by logging in to the primary account profile, or having the primary account holder log in and reset the password for the secondary account: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/change-secondary-password

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

4 months ago

I am having the same problem. A secondary email account has disappeared and is no longer showing under my primary account. I no longer have an active account with Xfinity, just my email addresses, but need access back to this email account. I’m unable to get any emails because it’s telling me Through my email application on my phone that I have the incorrect password. When I try to reset the password through Comcast, the account no longer shows up. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello and welcome to Comcast @user_92eol8. Thank you so much for reaching out to us regarding your email access. You are in the right place and I am happy to assist you today. When was the last time you accesses that specific email address? 

1 Message

I am having the same problem.  A secondary email account for my daughter has disappeared and is no longer showing under my primary account.  We tried to re-enter the password through her email client on her computer, but this was not letting her in.  We tried to go into the Xfinity site to reset the password and, after entering her cell number, received a message saying that the account needs to be reset from the primary account.  I have the primary account and tried to go in and her account does not show up.  We no longer have active accounts with Xfinity and just use the email addresses, and need access to these, if for nothing else, so that we can get email missed (last email access was May 28) and so that we could forward any email to a new email account.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hi there, @user_j1tx6y I'm very sorry for the trouble you are having. Are you logging in with the Primay username?-Richard

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

I am having this issue as well. My secondary email address stopped receiving mail, both through web browser and third party email app. The two error messages I get while trying to use Xfinity mail on my web browser are "The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider. Please change them," and "The provided login data to access mail server imap.comcast.net seem to be wrong. Please correct them." 

I am signed into my primary account. When I look under Account & Identity that secondary email is no longer listed - so I can't change the password for it. I've followed instructions to see if I can reactivate an inactive secondary email address just in case that's what happened but there was no option for me to do so. This secondary email was used over the weekend just fine. I only received an error while checking the secondary email today - both through third party email app and Xfinity email through the web browser.

4 Messages

Mine just dissappeared yesterday and I have been getting email on my secondary everyday for years so no inactivity. This must be a bug on the Xfinity Comcast end. I can log into my primary but the secondary is gone. I need that secondary and it's email history.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 months ago

I have had two accounts disappear, how do I reinstate them?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

susietenpotter Hello! We just wanted to check back with you, have the accounts you have appeared again?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here