B_B_Z's profile

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, October 15th, 2024 11:12 PM

Secondary Email Account Not Working with Thunderbird ANY Longer

So recently my secondary email accounts stopped working under Thunderbird, they were working fine before this started happening.

I've also tested them on the WEB interface, they work fine before AND after changing credentials.

Even after updating Thunderbird with the new credentials I still get an authentication failure.

Has the port changed for IMAP support ?

The weird part is that the primary user account DOES still work under Thunderbird just fine, not the secondary accounts.

Restarting the app and computer has made no difference.

Also note that one of them is my fathers email and his computer can also logon using the Web Interface fine but not Thunderbird.

So basically two different computers have this issue.

Both are running on Windows 11 Pro, the latest build and updates.

Any ideas on this one ?

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

4 hours ago

Good evening @B_B_Z and thank you for reaching out to our dedicated Communities team here on our Forums, we appreciate it! I hope you are having a fantastic Thursday so far! I see that you reached out because recently your secondary email accounts stopped working under Thunderbird but were working fine before. Thank you for also providing us with the troubleshooting steps you have attempted so far, we appreciate it. To confirm, are you experiencing issues with any other websites or applications? I also see that you stated your father's email is having issues with Thunderbird, does he also subscribe to XFINITY? 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Like I stated, IF I load the Email Web interface with the same secondary email account credentials then I can view the emails just fine and manage them, which is how I'm doing things for the moment.

No other issues are occurring that I can determine, web or otherwise.

As for my fathers account, it is a secondary email account attached on to my primary account, no he doesn't have any Xfinity account since I'm the account owner.

His computer is setup in my house as I'm his caregiver so the same residence.

So again, my primary account is still using Thunderbird as a local email client and using the imap settings I configured years ago and it is still working fine.

Just all the secondary accounts have stopped working UNLESS I logon using the Xfinity web interface, currently using MS Edge under Windows 11 PRO, which is installed on both computers.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Thank you so much for your response @B_B_Z, and for confirming that information, we appreciate it. Have you tried deleting the account from Thunderbird and re-adding it? You can re-add it by following the instructions on our website here https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/email-client-programs-with-xfinity-email. If you also click Thunderbird under the Email Setup section, you can find additional automatic account figuration steps directly on their website. 

May I also ask if you are experiencing any error messages when you log in? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

8 minutes ago

@B_B_Z 

In Thunderbird make sure the authentication is set to Normal password and not to OAuth2.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here