U

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Thursday, January 19th, 2023 4:10 PM

Closed

Searching old emails does not work .... AGAIN

Trying to search old emails and can only get results from a month or two ago.  I can scroll way back or change sorting method and see old emails but the search bar does not work properly.  This has happened before and was corrected, now started happening again a few weeks ago.   Please help! need my old emails!

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solution

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

Ok, it's working again! Thanks to Billie and Gabrielle !!

Official Employee

• 

961 Messages

Hello @user_46ea50 Thanks for the update! This is great news! Glad to know everything is working for you! Did you have anymore questions or concerns that we can address today? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

2.5K Messages

2 years ago

Thank you for reaching out here on our Xfinity Forums! I would be more than happy to help you with resolving the concern regarding the search function. Have you already tried clearing your cache and cookies as well as a different web browser? Can you confirm what web browser you are currently using?

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@XfinityBillie​     yes       Chrome

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

As of Feb 4, 2023 my email search is still not working on emails prior to Sept 2022.  I spent almost 2 hours on the phone with xfinity help and no solution.  I use primarily safari on an iPad but it does not work on my iPhone, Chrome on my ipad nor Chrome on my laptop.  I have cleared my cache and history.  The search will find items in my personal folders from before this date but not in the inbox.    I REALLY need this function please!

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

And I have cleared my cache and history

Problem Solver

• 

672 Messages

I would like to take a closer look at your account.

Could you please send our team a private message with your full name and full address?

To send a Private message to Xfinity Support from any Forum page:

Click "Sign In" if that prompt is visible

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

Can someone please help me? I've been having the same issue for about 2 weeks. Whenever I try to search, only emails from the current month come up. I need to search for emails from years prior many times, and so this is really frustrating.

Expert

• 

30.8K Messages

@user_bacc46​ 

Please do not post more than once about your issue.  And it would actually be better if you had made a new post about it rather than tacking on to other threads.  FWIW, it's against the Guidelines and Acceptable Use Policy to post about an issue more than once [which is why it's best to start a new thread] because it's considered spamming.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I am having the same issue for months now!

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

1 year ago

@user_43dbdf 

How are you trying to search?  I assume you are using only the webmail interface and a browser to access the email?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here