MacLady's profile

Contributor

• 

73 Messages

Tuesday, July 23rd, 2024 5:21 PM

Scam Warning! [Edited]

I have only ONCE gotten a legit phone call solicitation from Xfinity, asking me to switch to their mobile service.

I accused the guy of being a scammer and he laughed at me, but he had all my email names, addresses, phones, how many devices were currently online, it was scary until I confirmed that it was indeed an Xfinity sales person.

But that was only ONCE.

Today I got a call from [Edited: "Personal Information"] and that IS a scam... you can tell because there is always some bogus name on the caller ID.

He knew my main email, and my landline number which was scary. He said he was going to send me a code to my email which never came and while I was waiting we were disconnected.

Last time I got a scam from Direct TV, I got their mule PO box where I was told to send a 'security deposit' of $199.97 but then I turned them into the postal inspector at the box location -- one less mule I suppose!

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

3 months ago

Hello, @MacLady. Thank you for making us aware of the potential scam attempt. I highly recommend you open a fraud claim with our Customer Security Assurance team by visiting this link https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse.

Contributor

• 

73 Messages

@XfinityRaul​ How willing are you to bust scams if you DELETED THE  BOGUS NUMBER? That was NOT helpful.

I wasn't scammed so I don't need to open a complaint.  You will do nothing about it in any case.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

I understand where you're coming from, @MacLady. Our Customer Security Assurance team are dedicated to prevent our customers from being scammed. They can add your experience to their file and hopefully, match this incident to other fraud claims and find the source.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here