U

Tuesday, June 18th, 2024 8:55 PM

Scam Emails

This is the second time this month I got this scam email from Comcast. It was sent to my yahoo address, not my comcast address.

To: 
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2024 at 03:11:39 PM EDT
Subject: Your bill suspension

Xfinity   [Edited: "Invalid Link"]

Please update your bill
to keep your services

We regret to inform you that your account has been temporarily suspended due to billing issues.After reviewing our records, we identified several errors in the charges on your bill.

We understand that billing issues can sometimes arise unintentionally, and we are here to assist you in resolving them promptly.

Please update your payment Information: Ensure that the payment information associated with your account is up to date, including valid credit card details or alternative payment methods. 

[Edited: "Invalid Link"]

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. Our goal is to resolve this matter swiftly and restore your Xfinity service to full functionality. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Sincerely,

The Xfinity Team

[Edited: "Invalid Link"] [Edited: "Invalid Link"]
Chat
[Edited: "Invalid Link"]

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

[Edited: "Invalid Link"]    |     [Edited: "Invalid Link"]

THIS IS A SERVICE-RELATED EMAIL
Comcast will occasionally send you service-related emails to inform you of service upgrades or new benefits.

Please do not reply to this email, it is not monitored. If you'd like to contact us, please visit our website [Edited: "Invalid Link"].

Comcast respects your privacy. For a complete description of our privacy policy, [Edited: "Invalid Link"].

Please note that Xfinity Voice and Xfinity Internet customers will no longer have access to emergency phone or Internet service.

© 2022 Comcast. All rights reserved.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

Comcast Cable, One Comcast Center
1701 JFK Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19103
Attn: Email Communications

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

4 months ago

@user_dlbzo4 

You need to report this here:

Report abuse or phishing here.
This does include spam/scam emails.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

4 months ago

Hello, user_dlbzo4! Thank you for letting us know and for joining us here on the Forums. We’re committed to helping you stay protected! Protecting you is one of our top priorities, and if you feel like you or someone you know has been the victim of an online security issue, here's how to let the right people know. To report phishing email sent to or from a Comcast.net email account; once you have copied the full message headers from the spam message, paste the header and the message into an email and send it to abuse@comcast.net with the subject line "Phishing email." And, for real-time alerts related to your online security, visit our Alerts page.

Contributor

• 

76 Messages

3 months ago

I received the same email yesterday.  It almost got me, but the link goes nowhere. 

It was sent from: info@e.fireworks.com

There was also a link to: Phantom Fireworks 

fireworks.com

The fireworks link was in the header but I did not click it.

(edited)

3 Messages

Phantom Fireworks is a real place. I would drive past one on RT 83 in Pa on my way to visit family.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 months ago

I have received three of these in the past month & each one has a different return email address.  One of them says it's from "[Edited: "Personal Information"]"    Never responded to them, but I did contact customer service at Comcast - very difficult to understand representative with foreign accent, so relaying the issue to them and receiving accurate information on what to do with the emails was unsuccessful.  Very thankful I have a law enforcement background and realized them for "phishing" attempts or I probably would have responded to one or all. 
Comcast needs to send an email to all of their customers notifying them of this potentially harmful issue.

(edited)

3 Messages

I got another one just today from.
Xfinity.com 
I guess enough people fall for it for them to keep doing it. Best thing to do if you're not sure, is to check your account at Comcast/Xfinity and see if there is a problem.

Please update a payment to avoid service suspension on the account.

We regret to inform you that the payment method submitted for the forthcoming month has been unfortunately declined.

To ensure uninterrupted access to our services and avoid any potential, downgrade in service quality.

We kindly request you to update the payment at your earliest convenience to avoid any disruption to your service.

Thank you for being an Xfinity customer.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

589 Messages

@user_155bd4 There are way too many phishing attempts from so many different sources to be able to actively inform our customers via email. Your inboxes would be spammed with updates it would have your heads spinning. I would strongly recommend checking out our alerts page periodically to stay up-to-date on the latest phishing and security threats we've detected and let you know the email sender they are coming from. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here