U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Monday, December 19th, 2022 10:30 PM

Scam eMail for bank information?

I just got this email (extract below).  I am paperless and paying automatically via a credit card.  I do not want to give anyone direct access to my bank account.   My "bundle' is internet + cell phone.  

"Just a quick reminder: to continue receiving your full $10 per month automatic payment and paperless billing discount, you will need to update your payment method to a bank account using an account number and routing number no later than March 24, 2023."

Is this a scam?  I was promised 2 years of no increase when I signed up,  If not a scam this is not an increase but it is a change in terms that will result in an increase.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

I agree, why should we give bank account details to xfinity. Worst case scenario, if xfinity wants my bank account details, they should also allow us to set a limit to how much they can debit from my account.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

We have the same question. It seems fishy. 

XfinityJohnG

Official Employee

• 

233 Messages

1 month ago

Thank you very much for reaching out to us here @user_264fae. If you are enrolled in the auto pay feature with a credit or debit card you will still receive a $5 a month discount. That is the reason the notice is advising that if you want to keep the full $10 discount you will need to update the method to a bank account. I can look further into that for you if you could send me a direct message with the full name and complete address for your service. 

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

17 days ago

Hi,

I've received a similar e-mail from Comcast, today 01/18/2023, which states that:

"Two months left to update your automatic payment method: Don't lose your $10 monthly automatic payment and paperless billing discount. Be sure to update your automatic payment method to a bank account using an account number and routing number no later than March 30, 2023."

What is this!? I'm already enrolled in bill auto-pay and paperless billing, for the $10 discount on the monthly bill, and that's via credit card.

Please convey the following message to the Comcast CEO: I refuse to give Comcast my banking account information.

If Comcast ceases to accept credit cards as a typical, common form of payment, especially for bill auto-pay, and especially for enabling the $10 discount on the monthly bill, then ... I'm sorry to say ... Comcast will lose me as their customer VERY SOON. T-Mobile Internet is just waiting for me to give the ok for their service, if needed.

(edited)

XfinityJimmy

Official Employee

• 

423 Messages

Hello @smihaila, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. We will be happy to assist you with your autopay concern. Can you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@smihaila​ 

I agree with you. I am getting the same emails every 2 week!! 

Thats harassment!

I’ve been a subscriber for 3 months!! I will not give  them my information. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

12 days ago

Received this same post...very concerning! I've been a customer for years with no issues. Now this? I'm not so sure...

XfinityKei

Official Employee

• 

233 Messages

Hi @user_264fae We have received your private message and will continue to assist you there! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

9 minutes ago

I just got this email (extract below).  I am paperless and paying automatically via a credit card.  I do not want to give anyone direct access to my bank account.   My "bundle' is internet + cell phone.  

"Just a quick reminder: to continue receiving your full $10 per month automatic payment and paperless billing discount, you will need to update your payment method to a bank account using an account number and routing number no later than March 24, 2023."

Is this a scam?  I was promised 2 years of no increase when I signed up,  If not a scam this is not an increase but it is a change in terms that will result in an increase.

Scammmmmmmmmmmmm

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here