Lou_and_Linda's profile

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Monday, June 10th, 2024 3:01 PM

Samsung Email app can not verify xfinity account

samsung email app was not synching emails, i deleted the comcast acct from the app, changed my xfinity password, tried adding the email account back to the app, but getting the error:  "couldn't verify the account"  i have changed the password again, same situation.  anyone have a solution?

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

4 months ago

Lou_and_Linda, Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to visit our forums page for help with verifying that email. I use a 3rd party email client for my emails so I understand the inconvenience that this has caused you. I am sorry to learn about this experience. We can help. Have you checked if you are able to check your email directly from our website? What kind of Samsung device are you using?

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@XfinityGabriel​ yes, i can access it via my web browser.  the issue is with the Samasung Email app on my Galaxy phone.  i am trying to add the account, and for some reason the app can not verify the account.  it reads:  "Couldn't Verify Account.  Couldn't connect to your account.  Check your account and server information, then try again"

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@XfinityGabriel​ it's a Samsung Galaxy S21 5G

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@Lou_and_Linda Glad to hear you can access it via your web browser. Here is a link you can use to make sure all your settings are correct for the email servers:
Get Comcast Email on Mobile Devices

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S22+ and having the exact same issue and took the same steps as the original post. My email last synced with my phone at approximately 1am Eastern time. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

My wife and i have s24+ and are having the same issue as of about 1 AM (east coast) last night.  I am NOT having this issue with a different email acvount that is not a comcast email address.  

I have read every article and tried every suggestion, to no avail.   Is there a solution?

1 Message

4 months ago

I'm also having the same issue with the Samsung email app. My xfinity emails will NOT SYNC!  My Gmail works just fine. I deleted the comcast one and keep getting the "could not verify" and "could not connect" errors. Obviously there is an issue on xfinitys end. This needs fixed. Have not been able to sync emails since 11pm last night. Can access the website fine. Tried connecting xfinity email on other email platforms and get the same error message. I have a S21+

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_qum3l7 We are aware of the issue and our team is working to resolve it as quickly as they can. Some customers have been reporting their email is functioning normally but we understand that some are still impacted. In the meantime, please access your email using the site 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

3 Messages

4 months ago

Hi,

I am having the same problem. I removed my xfinity email account an then tried to reconnect but to no avail. 

3 Messages

Hi

I'm having the same issue 

3 Messages

They have changed their settings inside the Xfinity Email settings. Log into your Xfinity Email. Once your inside click on the gear icon on the top right corner. Go select settings. Then Security. Then check the box to allow 3rd Party Apps to have access to your Email. Once I did this it instantly let me sign back into my Samsung Email App without any issues.

2 Messages

4 months ago

I am also getting this error message. It started this morning so something has changed either on Xfinity or Samsung. Has anyone found a work around?

2 Messages

4 months ago

I am getting this error message also as of this morning so something has changed either on Xfinity or Samsung. This is beyond frustrating.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 months ago

xfinity support seems to think it's the Email app on the phone.  i was able to add my comcast email acct to the Gmail app.  going to go with that for now, maybe the Email app will get an update. still not a good situation.

3 Messages

I still could open up my emails on my laptop, and on my phone through the Xfinity website.

However after about the 25th attempt ( seriously, I probably actually tried more than that) at reinstalling the Xfinity account on my Samsung email, it went through. Don't forget to go into your Xfinity email account, assuming you can access it through some other means, Under settings and allow Third party access. I had allowed this all along so I don't know if that was a factor.

But ultimately I was able to reestablish the Xfinity account via Samsung email after several hours and dozens of tries. Also if you were trying to reestablish the account after having deleted a large amount of emails, it may have taken a while to clear the cache of old emails and maybe it wouldn't go through because of that- I did delete upwards of 5k emails several hours ago. So maybe it took a while to clear that and wouldn't sync properly until that was done.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Been trying for 9 hours, I think it should have cleared in that time.

1 Message

@user_f2pmaf​ good to know. I did the Samsung chat and they had me clear cache and data which I did. Un-installed and reinstalled Samsung app multiple times. Frustrating. They say they're working on it.

3 Messages

Just as an added note, the situation seems to happen to me about every three or four months. Usually I can reset it within two or three tries by uninstalling and reinstalling it on Samsung mail. About half the time the issue is related to an excess accumulation of emails, but not always, at least from what I can tell. So hopefully deleting those 5,000 emails will prevent this from happening again for a long while.

1 Message

4 months ago

I'm having the exact same issue with my Samsung Galaxy S20FE.  It last sync'd at 12:14 this morning (6/10/24).  Please help.

Official Employee

• 

772 Messages

user_b9olyn Hi there! Are you still having trouble with your email syncing? 

2 Messages

4 months ago

I am having the same issue. I have tried everything and it's not working. Any updates? 

2 Messages

4 months ago

I used the above suggestion of switching to the Gmail app and adding my comcast email account to it, and it's working fine. So I'll just start using the gmail app instead of the samsung email app.

1 Message

4 months ago

Someone just fixed something.  It all works now😊

2 Messages

@user_q0gdmj​ 

Same here, it's working again for me

2 Messages

4 months ago

Working again for me right now

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 months ago

Working again for us now too.

3 Messages

3 months ago

They have changed their settings inside the Xfinity Email settings. Log into your Xfinity Email. Once your inside click on the gear icon on the top right corner. Go select settings. Then Security. Then check the box to allow 3rd Party Apps to have access to your Email. Once I did this it instantly let me sign back into my Samsung Email App without any issues.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here