U

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

Wed, Jul 6, 2022 11:55 AM

Rejection of outgoing email while in PortugAL

I am in the Azores, Portugal, for the summer once again. In previous years, I've had no problem with accessing full use of email through Thunderbird. This summer has been an endless string of error messages refusing to handle outgoing messages.

I regularly get this message: Sending of the message failed.
An error occurred while sending mail: Outgoing server (SMTP) error. The server responded:  resomta-c1p-023411.sys.comcast.net resomta-c1p-023411.sys.comcast.net CSI IP 89.114.65.170 is not permitted to send messages.  Please contact support if you feel this is in error..

Clearly, this is in error, but I cannot contact Comcast to work with a real live person except by telephone, which from here would be quite expensive, even with my international calling plan. 

I did switch on the VPN with my Norton 360 app so that I could access U.S. sites that do not comply with European Union policies. I have set up split tunnelling to exclude thunderbird.exe from the VPN. I have restarted my laptop many times. Now and then, Thunderbird works perfectly, but most times it will not allow outgoing email. Yes, I can use the website for sending email, but I manage four different email accounts (for several reasons, I must have separate accounts), and I can only log into the Xfinity website under one account for sending email. Cumbersome.

Nothing seems to work! More ideas I could try?

Accepted Solution

BruceW

Gold Problem Solver

• 

24.2K Messages

5 months ago

... CSI IP 89.114.65.170 is not permitted to send ...

CSI in the error message means the IP is blacklisted by Cloudmark Sender Intelligence, an IP reputation service. Apparently that IP has been associated with spam or some other form of abuse. Please see https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/email/cant-send-emails-from-pc-or-phone-app/602dafa5c5375f08cd12c06e?commentId=602dafb0c5375f08cd147870 for a discussion by @ComcastCSAEmail of how Comcast uses CSI.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

@BruceW​ THANK YOU!!!! 

Something similar happened a few months ago, but the error message told me exactly where to go to "protest" and request reinstatement. I don't remember the name at the moment, but it was one Comcast is somehow engaged with. Within minutes, it was solved. A few days later, it happened again and I got it reset within minutes.

In the  Azores, I am using a small Vodafone wireless router with a new SIM card and a specific telephone number. That might have something to do with it.

Again, thank you! Now I'll work on getting the situation changed.

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

I do have to wonder why no Comcast employee who responded to my inquiry earlier thought about this. Hmmm.

Official Employee

• 

854 Messages

5 months ago

@user_7d3661 Thank you for reaching out to the Digital Care Team. I hate to hear this has been your experience and would love to investigate this for you! Have you tried updating the settings: https://comca.st/3bSjkxM? Have you tried a different email application and had the same issue? 

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

@XfinityHeather​ All my settings in Thunderbird are set according to Comcast's instructions.

Everything worked find earlier in April while I was on a cruise and travelling in southern Portugal for a week. Everything worked fine in May while here in the Azores but then I suddenly ran into a series of error messages whenever I tried to send email.

Official Employee

• 

157 Messages

I can see how frustrating that can be. I see the need to use a 3rd party app to send email while having 4 accounts. This type of issue would be handled by our amazing Customer Security Assurance Team. They are experts when it comes to issues with errors sending emails from a Comcast account. Customer Security Assurance (CSA) Team can be reached by this link. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

Bad link: Any attempt to link to https://comca.st/3ydkhrS yields this error message:

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

I attempted to connect both with the VPN on and set to a U.S. location and the VPN off.

Next idea?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Just to clarify, you are unable to load that website? Can you tell me what browser you are using? Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

I was on Chrome. I just tried Edge and the link worked. However, I don't see a pertinent link under "Report Abuse"to the problem I'm having.

EG

Expert

• 

96.9K Messages

5 months ago

Concern moved here to the proper help section.

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

5 months ago

When I scrolled up to the top of the page, I did notice I'm under a new heading, so I guess I did get moved. OK, now how do I solve this problem?

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

5 months ago

BruceW 

YES!!! Your solution was definitely the answer!!! I filed with Cloudmark and within minutes everything was working correctly. Today, Thunderbird is still working correctly.

THANK YOU!!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!

+52 more

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 months ago

Thank goodness for BruceW's post in this forum.  After two calls with Xfinity support today including one with Customer Security Assurance who still wasn't able to help. I was able to go and chase down the actual error message I was getting sending off both my laptop and my phone when on WiFi and determined that my ISP who is well respected and doesn't have their IP addresses blacklisted hardly ever thinks one may have gotten listed with one indiv entity and thus Comcast/Xfinities servers wasn't allowing it to communicate with the email servers.  One call to my ISP and they had the situation resolved in no time.  Unfortunately I can't get back the time I spend on the phone with Xfinity who didn't seem to have any hint at this being a potential problem despite the troubleshooting we attempted on  the calls. 

Anyway I'm appreciative of these Forums and the folks who help here and am back to being able to send emails again!   BTW the connection was the inclusion of the CSI in the error message which is how I found this forum post!!

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

186 Messages

@user_17a6fb thank you for the feedback your provided regarding our forums community

In addition, thank you again Bruce W, we appreciate you helping the team out and providing a resolution for user_17a6fb.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here