Chuck154's profile

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, September 19th, 2020 8:00 AM

Closed

recover email account

I have/had a secondary email account that I am inable to access. It is an accepted account for log-ins and I can send test emails to this account but I can not access the account. How do I retrieve it?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.2K Messages

4 years ago

@Chuck154 wrote:

@jav6joev  Thanks again for the reply. I have tried the add account option but I don't know what to enter for their questions. #1 Account name. Would that be my name or?? #2 Connection security is it START TLS OR SS'TLS? #3server name, where can i find that?  My name and address are auto filled and it has to be done by me manually.

You can look at Settings (Gearbox upper right of mail window) and Edit your existing Email account to see what its settings are.  Here are the settings for my secondary email, with my name as I want it displayed for that account:

1 Attachment

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.2K Messages

4 years ago

@Chuck154 wrote:

I have/had a secondary email account that I am inable to access. It is an accepted account for log-ins and I can send test emails to this account but I can not access the account. How do I retrieve it?

What do you mean by 'can not access the account'?  If it is accepted for log-ins, then when logged in to the MyXfinity web site using the emails' credentials, doesn't selecting the Mail envelope icon take you to the mail account?  If you're trying to use the Xfinity Connect mobile app, you might have to 'sign out' of the default email account it is logging in to and use the secondary account credentials.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.2K Messages

4 years ago

@Chuck154 wrote:

To @jav6joev, Thanks for your reply.  I guess I didn't explain clearly.  I can use the email as a log in, it is a valid email, however when I go to my Xfinity email acount I can't see that account and therfore can't view any responces to that particular email address.  I need to know how to retrieve or make this acccount accessable.  I guess I'll need to contact Comcast but I use their customer service as a last resort.

Thanks for your responce.

@Chuck154 

There should be an 'Add Email Account' option on the left side of the MyXfinity site webmail where you would add the email account you want to see there.

1 Attachment

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

To @jav6joev, Thanks for your reply.  I guess I didn't explain clearly.  I can use the email as a log in, it is a valid email, however when I go to my Xfinity email acount I can't see that account and therfore can't view any responces to that particular email address.  I need to know how to retrieve or make this acccount accessable.  I guess I'll need to contact Comcast but I use their customer service as a last resort.

Thanks for your responce.

@Chuck154 

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

@jav6joev  Thanks again for the reply. I have tried the add account option but I don't know what to enter for their questions. #1 Account name. Would that be my name or?? #2 Connection security is it START TLS OR SS'TLS? #3server name, where can i find that?  My name and address are auto filled and it has to be done by me manually.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

@jav6joev  Thanks for your time and suggestions on my question.  My wife is pretty savvy when it comes to this and she did what you suggested but the best she could do is retrieve my old email in a folder. I still can't get any emails sent to it.  I'll contact Comcast to see if they can do anything. Once again thanks for your effort.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here