sjniii's profile

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

Wednesday, October 2nd, 2024 9:23 PM

Receiving email from 100s of people, but it is my email adress

I started receiving100s of emails around 12:30 from different sites. 

The sites appear to be real as I looked at one and in a web browser ,by typing the URL in

Ex.

The email has 

to: [Edited: "Personal Information"] ( [Edited: "Personal Information"])  -  my teal email

***It shows [Edited: "Personal Information"] as my comcast email address ***

The body of the email has in it..

------------

Thank you for signing up with WPPronto.

Your new account has been setup and you can now log in to your client area. In the client area you can view invoices and support tickets, manage DNS settings, log in to cPanel, and more.

Login details:

E-mail Address: [Edited: "Personal Information"]
Password: (The password you chose during signup)

To login, visit https://clients.wppronto.com/

For additional security, we recommend activating two-factor authentication. Once you've logged in to your client area, you can enable two-factor login by clicking the "Welcome (Your Name)" menu at the right, choosing "Edit Account Details," then clicking the "Security Settings" tab. You'll be guided through the process.

WPPronto
[Edited: "Personal Information"]

----------

Is there a way to stop these ?

thanks

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

15 days ago

I changed my xfinity email password and this seems to have stopped the spam

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

Changing the password did not help

Started receiving 100s on the emails again at 1:05 PM today

Any ideas on how to stop them?

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Darn! Fantastic step that you took though! You can report those as spam, sjniii. With how many are coming in though you should reach out to our Customer Security Assurance team, CSA. They handle internet security for our company. You can see more about them at this link. They are wonderful help and can check to see if your email is compromised and make those emails stop. They can be reached by calling 1-800-XFINITY and requesting the CSA team. The team is open from 8 AM-12 AM Eastern, 7 days a week. Will you be able to reach out to them? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

12 days ago

Hi

I did contact the team Thursday. 

The did notify the proper support team and did made a note.

I sent info to the  abuse@comcast.net  with headers from two of the emails and explained the details.

They said i would hear back from someone via phone call within 48 hrs (i think that was the period)>

So, far nor contact from them.

But, most of them have stopped.

I have received a -- 2 or 3 since then

thanks

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

I appreciate you taking that step and for taking the time to share that update here on our Forum, sjniii. Let's give it until next week for our CSA team to reach out, they may be a bit delayed. Would it be ok if I checked in with you here to confirm you've received an update of if this email issue has been resolved?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hi sjniii, I hope you had a pretty good weekend 😀. Have you heard back from our CSA team, or are you still experiencing issues with those phising emails? 

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

I did not receive a call or voice mail or email about what was done or is in process

I am getting 2 or 3 of these bogus emails a day, so something was done to some degree 

But no contact from Xfinity CSA

Thanks

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

You are very welcome. We can continue to monitor that progress from here for you, and reach out to make sure that issue has been resolved. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello @sjniii. We just wanted to check in on your email issue. Have you been able to get in contact with the customer security team to see if they have totally resolved your problem?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here