michellechef's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Fri, Apr 17, 2020 7:00 AM

Read receipts being sent without me checking the box

Recently my emails from my xfinity email directly from the xfinity web page mail have included the request for read receipt. I do not want that on emails I am sending. Is there an issue with this option being activated recently without users actually activating it? How do I fix it? I tried chatting for help yesterday, but he was unable to help. I see @ComcastMichael was helping others that had the same issue a few months back, but there weren't options to respond to the posts. Thank you for any help!

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Email-Web-Browsing/notification-that-a-sent-email-has-been-read/td-p/3261301

Responses

BruceW

Gold Problem Solver

• 

22.2K Messages

1 y ago

Comcast's Open-Xchange "Appsuite" webmail ("...connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/...") has a bug where, if you compose an email, save it as a draft, and then edit and send that draft, webmail will include a read receipt request even if you have that preference turned off.

AFAIK Comcast has not acknowledged this as a problem nor promised a fix, and the only workaround is to copy the information in the draft into a new Compose window and send from there.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

1 y ago

Thank you.

New to the Community?

Start Here