jwhaleyca's profile

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Sun, Apr 11, 2021 11:14 PM

PTR Record Request

Hi Xfinity. I need an official Xfinity employee to help me set-up a PTR Record for my home email server. I will send you a PM with the required information once I receive a reply from you. Thank you!

Responses

BruceW

Gold Problem Solver

• 

22.3K Messages

1 m ago

https://www.xfinity.com/Corporate/Customers/Policies/HighSpeedInternetAUP / Prohibited Uses and Activities / Technical restrictions says residential customers may not:

... use or run dedicated, stand-alone equipment or servers from the Premises that provide network content or any other services to anyone outside of your Premises local area network ... Examples of prohibited equipment and servers include, but are not limited to, email, web hosting, file sharing, and proxy services and servers;

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

1 m ago

This is a private email system for testing and family members only. It is not offered to anyone outside of my LAN.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

1 m ago

Again, I am taking software development and programming classes and setting up a test email server for my family is a training exercise. But the server won't work without a PTR Record. Xfinity, please respond. Thank you.

Official Employee

• 

47 Messages

Hey, there! Thank you for bringing this to our attention through our Forums page, and thank you for your patience while awaiting our response! I understand you would like obtain some help, in terms of requesting a PTR, and I can most certainly appreciate your efforts to reach out! 

Unfortunately, this is not something we would be able to offer, under a residential account. However, static IP features, and addresses are offered through our business services, in any case this may be an option for you, in the future. Please let us know if there is anything else that we can help you with, and our Digital Care Team will be here, every step of the way!

https://comca.st/3ampH8Z

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New to the Community?

Start Here