U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, April 27th, 2021 6:17 PM

Closed

Proxy Server problem

My Comcast Proxy Server has been out of commission since December 28 2020. 1) Emails will not delete, Trash won't delete, Spam wont' delete. Spam and Trash won't even show ... I get a little gray circle going around  instead. Can't send email messages . Continually get SERVER UNREACHABLE message popping up along with  a 408 ERROR message. It has interrupted my internet connection as well as my speed of which is about 1/4 if even that of what it should be. The problem is completely on Comcast's end. They have acknowledged it is a technical issue on Comcast's end. I have spoken to roughly 8 agents . A visit from a technician as well to check everything on this end. Then I have to hit O over and over again on the phone to get a human on the phone to talk to.  What does it take to get Comcast to fix this problem?  Or do I have to cancel the account and look elsewhere??????

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

317 Messages

3 years ago

Hello, @user_5afd21! I'm sorry to hear about the Proxy Server issue being experienced and how it's affected your email usage and overall connection. Which web browser are you using?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

3 years ago

@user_5afd21 : Could you describe what mean by "Comcast Proxy Server"? My impression was the Comcast doesn't (normally) use them.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

They do use Proxy Servers

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

@user_5afd21 

How so?  And under what circumstances were you using Proxy Servers?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here