jlbaker3's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Fri, Mar 20, 2020 3:00 PM

Pictures are no show

When I send photos from my Samsung phone to my email address, they don't arrive, ever. Actually some do and some don't.  Like today, I sent the same pic 3 times and it never made it to my email. Where is it going? But when I send pictures to any other email address or phone they always arrive. ...so it is not my phone. Help! Smiley Sad

Responses

Latoque

Expert

• 

28.8K Messages

1 y ago

Assuming you mean your Comcast address, how big are the photos? 

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

1 y ago

Yes , my Comcast email. 1.6 GB on average I guess...... but my phone compresses them every time.

Latoque

Expert

• 

28.8K Messages

1 y ago

@jlbaker3 wrote:

Yes , my Comcast email. 1.6 GB on average I guess...... but my phone compresses them every time.

Right then------the maximum size for an email either incoming or outgoing in Comcast is 25 Mb, including any attachments.  So it depends on what compression size your phone software is using.  I have an iPhone and it offers three or 4 different sizes when sending out a photo.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

1 y ago

That makes sense. But how come sometimes a pic will make it after 2 or 3, or 4 attempts? I will try to get the pics compressed more....closer to 25MB, thank you! I'll let you know.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

1 y ago

I tried resizing the picture to a lot smaller and even reduced the MegaPixel's. Still no show.

Latoque

Expert

• 

28.8K Messages

1 y ago

@jlbaker3 wrote:

I tried resizing the picture to a lot smaller and even reduced the MegaPixel's. Still no show.

Can you try sending a photo from some other computer you have to the account?  Does it work OK then?

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

1 y ago

@Latoque wrote:

@jlbaker3 wrote:

Can you try sending a photo from some other computer you have to the account?  Does it work OK then?

No, but I'll try my fiances phone. Good idea....back in a little while.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

1 y ago

@jlbaker3 wrote:

@Latoque wrote:

@jlbaker3 wrote:

No, but I'll try my fiances phone. Good idea....back in a little while.

Tried to send a picture to my fiances email...no show also. must be my phone.

New to the Community?

Start Here