v.verneuille's profile

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, July 11th, 2024 10:21 PM

Phone Email access via Samsung app

I cannot sign into my email. I am prompted to put in my password, when I try, I am brought to another page with terms of service and privacy policy and the only other thing I can do is go back to the “enter account information” page, which sends me in a circle of back and forth.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

2 months ago

Email access via Samsung app

1. Log in to https://connect.xfinity.com, select (gear icon) / Email settings / Security and ensure "Third Party Access Security" is checked
  2. Open the Samsung Email App.
  3. On the "Set up account" page, leave the "Email address" line blank, and enter your password on the "Password" line
  4. Then enter your email address on the "Email address" line
  5. Tap "Sign in"
  6. The app should tell you it's checking Incoming and Outgoing sever settings, and then say "Email account added".

Note that the app will only set up to sync the Inbox, so if you have other folders you want it to check you'll have to add them under "Email folders to sync".

Good luck!

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@BruceW​ Thank you, Bruce. I followed your instructions with no success. Instead, in the Samsung email app I deleted my email address and then added a "new" address using the same address I deleted,  which lead me to a screen that actually allowed me to enter my password.  This has served me for the time being,  but if in the future I'm kicked out and prompted for a password, I fear I'll be right back in that digital eddy pool again.  Again, thank for reaching out with a suggestion.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here