U

Thursday, September 12th, 2024 10:29 PM

Phishing Emails

Even though I've turned on my email spam filter, blocked spam email and reported spam to Comcast, I still receive at least two phishing email from AAA, CEN-TECH, Le Creuset, Tractor Supply, Bass Pro Shops, Joanna's Omaha Steak Bundle & Weed Killer Claims Compensation. Some are starting to go straight to spam but still get enough coming through to make it hard to manage. I don't use Outlook or any other apps (just my comcast email). Is there anything more I can do or anything more Xfinity can do to help stem the tide?

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

8 days ago

Thank you for reaching out to us @user_7gdv6l! Some spam and phishing emails verify if an email is active when the email address automatically downloads the attachments/images linked to the email. To disable this feature, please:

Select the gear icon in the top right corner of the Connect Site.
Select “Email Settings”.
Select “Security” in the top right corner of email settings screen.
Uncheck the “allow pre-loading of externally linked images”.

To report these emails please follow the steps on “Report Spam and Phishing Emails” section on our report abuse site.

1 Message

@XfinityAldrik​ The link on this message leads to a 404 Not Found page.

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

@user_s93lu4​ 

@XfinityAldrik​ The link on this message leads to a 404 Not Found page.

You need to make sure you are signed in otherwise you will get that 404 error.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Contributor

• 

212 Messages

@Again​ nice try, but incorrect. The supplied link to the "report abuse site" has "%C2%A0" attached to the tail-end of the correct web address. Doesn't matter if your logged in or not, it will give you a 404 unless you edit the link and get rid of the "stuff" on the end.

Contributor

• 

212 Messages

@XfinityAldrik​ your link for the report abuse site has some garbage on the end of the web address, "https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse%C2%A0".  Trimmed of the "%C2%A0", the link works.

With regards to the initial post, you can add me to this complaint. In the last 2-1/2 weeks, I've received over 500 spams, all with the same sender names (plus more) as the user user_7gdv6l has identified. And yes, I have all the spam settings set, I've forwarded every single email (as an attachment) to missed-spam@#######.net, in addition to flagging them as spam/phishing. The amount of detected spams is trivial. At times, I will be delivered 4 identical spams, one goes to the spam folder, the rest land in my inbox.

I use email with several other providers, in much more volume than I do with Comcast. With the other providers (such as MSN) I can count on one hand the number of spam emails I've received in the course of a year. As a 40+ year software engineer, I'd feel ashamed if I was on the team responsible for detecting spam!

While typing this response, I've received 4 more emails with the subject of Klaudena Memory Foam Seat, all from various outlook.com addresses. Once again, one of the four went to spam, the other three went to the Inbox. Pathetic.

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

7 days ago

Moved to Email as this isn't Guidelines related.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here