U

Tuesday, August 13th, 2024 5:07 PM

phishing email suspending service

Received Email stating Xfinity service is ending due to non payment, on 8-133-2024.

From:X឵FlN‍ITY SERVICE ([Edited: "Phishing Email Address"])
To:[Edited: "Personal Information"]
Date:Tuesday, August 13, 2024 at 09:39 AM CDT
Hello [Edited: "Personal Information"] , Ple︊ase ch︊eck yo︊ur car︊d inf︊o an︊d mak︊e a pa︊yme︊nt.
We wanted to remind you that your Xfinity services will be suspended soon, and to say thank you for your time with us. It's been our pleasure to serve you.

As a reminder, here's a quick summary of your service suspension:
Last day of service:
Tuesday, 13 August 2024
W︊e we︊re una︊ble to pro︊cess︊ yo︊ur re︊ce︊nt pay︊men︊t of $98.83 wit︊h th︊e Car︊d on︊ fil︊e. Pl︊ease up︊date yo︊ur pa︊ymen︊t inf︊ormat︊ion or ma︊ke a on︊e-ti︊me pa︊yment toda︊y t︊o avo︊id a s︊erv︊ice downgra︊de.
If y︊ou do︊n't m︊ake a pay︊ment wi︊thin 1 day︊s, yo︊ur se︊rvice wi︊ll be su︊spen︊ded. You can update your service, just visit My Account.

1 Message

1 month ago

I've been getting similar emails for months - service will be suspended, method of payment declined (when clearly it hasn't been). Looks really legit.

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

@user_hcqs37​ thank you for taking time out of your day to reach out over Xfinity Forums. I definitely understand the importance of your personal identifiable information being secured, and we do value it. An email coming from Xfinity will have our logo next to the email message, you can see the icon before opening the email to ensure it is legit. Here's a great article I found on our website that has visuals of the icon you will see on a Xfinity email. 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/comcast-verified-email 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

1 month ago

user_rjvdcs This email has been seen by a few customers, and tends to be a scam email. Does you billing you see online or through the Xfinity app match what is in that email? That has the most up to date information about your account to confirm if emails like this are real or scams. 

1 Message

28 days ago

Just got one today and went straight to the internet to find some answers. It looks legit

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here