DeboftheDahlias's profile

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, October 15th, 2024 6:53 PM

Phishing Alert - Xfinity Email in a browser (Appsuite) keeps getting redirected to a false Customer Rewards Program (Phishing Site)

Phishing Alert

Xfinity Email in a Windows 11 Microsoft Edge Browser keeps getting redirected:

From: Mail - [Edited: "Personal Information"] - Xfinity Connect to [Edited: "Phishing Link"]

I've cleared the cache and it just comes back and once it starts it's endless and very frustrating.  

If this is real please make it go away.  If not please fix the appsuite site so this does NOT happen.

Thank you

Deb

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

2 hours ago

Phishing Alert ...

It is indeed a scam. You can probably get rid of this by turning off ads in webmail. Log in to https://www.xfinity.com/privacy/opt-out#Preference-opt-out and moving all the sliders to OFF. Log out and back in again for the change to take effect. That should turn off the ads on the connect.xfinity.com webmail page and get rid of the scam ad as well. 

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here