U

Thursday, June 13th, 2024 8:41 PM

Password reset on old account

Hello, I have a Comcast email that was initially associated with a service account that does not exist anymore. When I try to reset the password, it says that I need to be connected to my WiFi. The issue is that my current account is not associated with that email address. How do I reset the password for that email?

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

30.8K Messages

3 months ago

@user_fux0dc 

Hello, I have a Comcast email that was initially associated with a service account that does not exist anymore. When I try to reset the password, it says that I need to be connected to my WiFi. The issue is that my current account is not associated with that email address. How do I reset the password for that email?

You'll need to contact Customer Security Assurance:

Customer Security Assurance
Business Hours: 8:00am - 12:00am EST, 7 days a week  

5 Messages

@Again​ 

This is the right answer.  They were able to help me reset the password. 

Thank you!

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

3 months ago

Hi there, @user_fux0dc I'm very sorry for the trouble you are experiencing trying to change your password. Since it's been a few days since you last posted, where you able to get your password changed?-Richard

5 Messages

Thank you @Again and @XfinityRichard for the responses. No, I have not been able to call the number provided. Just looking into this now. I will call the number tonight to see if I can resolve this issue and update accordingly.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

@user_fux0dc Great! I'll just set a new reminder to follow up with you in 24 hours. Please have a wonderful day and let us know if further assistance is needed. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

All good.  Password was reset.

They were not able to associate the old account into my current one. Not easy to recall information from an account that has not existed for 12 year.

If @XfinityRichard or @XfinityThomasC can help please reach out. 

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

Thanks for the update, user_fux0dc. I am happy to hear that the steps from @Again to contact the Customer Security Assurance team (CSA) worked! They are able to get password reset options set up or changed on your account. I understand not being able to recall a place you lived at 12 years ago for the older account. I lived in a bunch of apartments and all the numbers become a blur now, lol! You would need to be able to authenticate the account with the full service address where the username is to make changes to it. Is that where you got stuck with the CSA team? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

Yes @XfinityRay i was actually able to verify the address but they also needed the last 4 digits of the payment method for that old account.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

3 months ago

@user_fux0dc We want to thank you for reaching out on the Community Forum for support with your email password reset issue. We are glad we were able to resolve your problem. Never hesitate to create another public post for any of your future account and service needs!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here