U

Monday, June 10th, 2024 1:38 PM

Outlook and iPhone email access stopped working overnight

I can still access my xfinity email accounts via browser, but access from both Outlook on my desktop and from my iPhone email app stopped working last night around 1am eastern (at least that was last email my iphone received).  Clearly my account is still active otherwise browser access would fail.  Passwords are not the issue as there are 3 email accounts on 2 separate computers all simultaneously stopped working.  Did Xfinity change server, ports, or whatever last night???

2 Messages

4 months ago

Have same issue. Works only on Xfinity wifi account or webmail only. Anything else fails or says blacklisted. 

5 Messages

4 months ago

Update - my iPhone account seems to be working now.  My home computer Outlook though is 'sporadic'.  When I restart Outlook, it downloads a few emails and then goes back to saying passwords do not work.  Note that this is Outlook Classic (new Outlook doesn't support pst files I use for archives).

6 Messages

I'm having the same issue with Outlook as well as my Samsung email on my Android.

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

4 months ago

Same issue since 1am or so- desktop getting "Temporarily blacklisted IP Address " upon launch and then general failures;  Android phone (on data, not the same wifi as desktop) not getting an error but also not retrieving email.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

@faithbur​ thank you for taking time out of your day to reply to your post, I completely understand the importance of having access to all email accounts. I did want to help get the proper expectations set up that our options with closed accounts are very limited for troubleshooting. 

To confirm the email access having issues is with a secondary closed email account?

For security purposes, at times we may ask for passwords to be reset, and this needs to be done via the primary Xfinity ID login:https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/changing-or-resetting-your-password.  

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 months ago

I’ve been having the same issues since very early this morning.  All Email clients on phones and computers don’t work, but the Comcast webmail does.  Their servers are obviously having problems so I hope they get them fixed soon. 

1 Message

This same issue started for our Comcast email accounts  2 days ago. I’ve spent hours trying to resolve. Web access works from laptop and iPhone, and also works with New Outlook, but the Classic version (we need) stopped working. IPhone error is “can’t access Comcast”. Laptop continuously request login credentials. Can I get a response from Xfinity?

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

4 months ago

I  am having the same issue.   Both my Galaxy s20 and my IPAD have not synced since last night, June 9th.    My email on my MacBook Air IS working.    I do not understand and I hope that technical services can get this resolved or at least send us some instructions soon.

3 Messages

4 months ago

same thing happened to me - outlook gives error "incoming server dropped" when I check.  I can send but not receive. Online at connect.xfinity.com the new emails are there so something happened around midnight

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

I also sent a test from my Android and it went out.    I just will not sync to receive

3 Messages

4 months ago

So obviously something was done that made the imap.comcast.net server inaccessible. Do we have any evidence that somebody at xfinity is monitoring this forum? I spent hours with various support personnel on chat and on phone without getting a glimmer of comprehension of the problem  

2 Messages

@user_wmrqlu​ 

I don't think they are even actively looking at this. Keep getting runaround from support like it's only on my side. 

Xfinity is a [edit] anymore. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello, @user_ca4v74 my apologies for the inconvenience. We are aware that some third-party email clients may be blocked from completing set-up or may not be receiving emails. The temporary fix is to use the Xfinity Connect website http://connect.xfinity.com/ until we can implement a full resolution. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

4 months ago

Having the same problem since yesterday morning 6/10.  Outlook on desktop not working with Comcast email.

6 Messages

My Outlook 365 on my desktop is not working, again, as of this morning.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hi there and welcome to our Xfinity Community Forums page @user_s99gw1. I am sorry to hear that you are not able to get your Comcast email on your Outlook and iPhone. Are you still having issues with your email address?

5 Messages

Yes, still failing as described in posts below

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_vvc9hx Can you please try using 'New Outlook'? If you open Outlook, there should be a toggle in the upper right hand corner, we have had positive feedback when customers use that and the issues no longer take place.

2 Messages

4 months ago

Day 3 update - Browser access to email seems to work.  iPhone mail access seems to work most of the time, but a bit slowly.  Outlook from my desktop is able to download email once in a great while...maybe twice a day.  Constant pop-ups to enter my passwords, even though two accounts passwords were just updated over the weekend, and the 3rd was unchanged since January.  I think something is still broken at xfinity.

2 Messages

4 months ago

Day 3 - Outlook access from desktop still failing on all email accounts.  iPhone access works about 80% of time.  Browser login access seems reliable.  Something is still broken at xfinity...

2 Messages

This is definitely still a problem.  I can no longer access e-mail via my iPhone but am able to access e-mail from Outlook on my desktop.  Hope someone from Comcast is reading this...

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_cwyai9 Hello and thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Community Forums. I apologize for the inconvenience you’re experiencing and understand how essential email is for daily communication. Have you tried using another email client, such as Gmail? We have found this often resolves the issue. Additionally, try entering your password first before setting up the account in the Samsung app.  Here is a link with detailed instructions on how to enter the password in the settings first. Please let us know if you continue to have issues. 

5 Messages

Regrettably many of us save information we need access to in pst file archives, which ties us to Outlook classic.  Switching clients is a major decision in these cases, and causes a lot of upheaval.  Gmail accounts work well still with Outlook but Xfinity has not worked for 6 days now.  Is this issue still being worked by Xfinity?

5 Messages

3 months ago

As of this morning, my email accounts are working, however, this is only one test...if it continues to work throughout the day today and into tomorrow I'll be more comfortable believing it is resolved.  Thank you!

3 Messages

3 months ago

Starting last night all of my family were unable to access their e-mail using the Outlook either on a computer or their i-Phones. We reset passwords trying to resolve the situation. However, we keep getting two different errors. First the password that we use to successfully access our xfinity mail account via web page, and initial app opening, will not pass authentication for the imap authentication step. We also sometimes get an error xfinity servers unavailable. but the web logon works just fine.. 

3 Messages

based on comcast published configuration information, no secondary password is required.

3 Messages

this configuration has worked for many years... why did it all the sudden change ?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello @user_qutgsm, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the emails, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address.

To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here