U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, April 29th, 2021 2:12 PM

Closed

Outgoing SMTP SERVER NOT WORKING

I have the same issue. My iPad has been able to send and receive emails for several years via the mail app.  Suddenly outgoing mail has failed. My iPhone and web access  through xfinity.com work fine . I have tried everything. Can anyone help?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

This post was created from this comment on different post

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.2K Messages

3 years ago

@user_c59b94 wrote:

My iPad has been able to send and receive emails for several years via the mail app.  Suddenly outgoing mail has failed. My iPhone and web access  through xfinity.com work fine . I have tried everything. 

What 'everything' have you tried?  Did this issue for you start after 4/20 when the Xfinity Connect mobile app was discontinued?  Have you tried removing/re-adding the Xfinity email account or verifying Comcast's IMAP/SMTP servers and ports configured in your Mail app?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have same issue... cannot connect to outgoing mail server using third-party email app (Apple Mail 14).  Therefore, cannot send e-mail.

Had this account for 19 years using Apple Mail.  Seems to be recent change, but who knows?  Called Xfinity.  They could not solve problem other than tell me to "use the app."  Extremely frustrating.

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

@user_350494

Check this post to see if it applies to you.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here