English53's profile

Contributor

• 

33 Messages

Friday, August 16th, 2024 8:07 AM

Outgoing mail problems

During the last few hours I have repeatedly gotten an error message: "The connection to remove server imap-east.ge.xfinity was refused or timed out while attempting to connect. Please try again later." To make matters worse, a long draft was lost even though I had repeatedly clicked "Save Draft."

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

1 month ago

Hello, how are you @English53? When you're using a 3rd party email the best thing we can always do is sign into our webmail and test your credentials that way first. Are you able to sign into www.Xfinity.com and send and receive email? If you can than your password and email are working properly. After that double-check your settings. This link will help us, but can you please confirm the email program you're using? Outlook, Apple Mail etc etc

Contributor

• 

33 Messages

The problem had resolved by the following morning without my doing anything, and outgoing mail resumed. Incidentally, this was not a third-party mail program; I was using Xfinity Connect. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

English53 thank you for the update. I am happy to hear this issue has been resolved. Do you have any other questions or concerns we can help you with today? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here