U

Thursday, May 23rd, 2024 3:05 PM

Outgoing Email will not send after password update

I updated my comcast password.  Email on phone and comcast internet website are working but emails will no longer send using mac mail for my comcast emails.  I can receive emails but I can't sent them.  The outgoing mail server SMTP account says comcast out (offline). I updated both incoming and outgoing passwords under Mail settings, the host name is smtp.comcast.net and I have checked automatically manage connection settings.  Any idea why I can no longer send comcast emails through my mac mail?

1 Message

17 days ago

Doing it to me as well

no clue

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello user_dvwzkj, email is super important, so I can only imagine what you've been going through. Are you using your email through the Xfintiy website or a 3rd part email client? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

16 days ago

Me too, cannot send emails, Originally saying that authorization has failed, now saying the server has timed out try again....

This is becoming an every month thing with Xfinity....

Using Thunderbird and Mailwasher free to handle the spam....

I can send e-mail logged into Xfinity directly....  And yeah I've heard the "It's Microsoft's problem" or the "it's a Windows problem" or the It's a "Mozilla Problem" excuses...

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hello, @Egilman57

We block non-encrypted outgoing email server settings used with third-party apps (e.g., Outlook, Apple Mail, Thunderbird, etc.) better to protect our customers’ Xfinity IDs and passwords. If a customer is impacted and doesn’t adjust their settings, they won’t be able to send emails and will see an error message when they try to send. They’ll still be able to receive emails. 

If a customer uses the Xfinity Email website, they aren’t affected. Also, any updates to the password must be updated in the third-party apps as well. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here