User525's profile

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

Monday, November 7th, 2022 6:54 PM

Closed

Not staying logged into my Xfinity Email account

I've been trying to figure out the past few days, now, why I've been redirected to xfinity.com/overview from Comcast.net. and why my login is not holding even when I selected the option to stay logged into my account? I've tried manually typing in "my.xfinity.com" to get to my own homepage instead of Xfinity overview homepage, but I have to log into my account every time, regardless.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

2 years ago

Hello @User525 Thank you for reaching out to us on our community forums. I know this has been a topic with other customers, and it seems to be related to settings within the browser, computer security and other settings. One of our community problem solvers @BruceW  offered some helpful items to check to help make sure you stayed logged into your account here

From the link -To stay signed in:

Don't log out.
Don't use Private Browsing when you log in.
Check the "Stay signed in" box when you log in.
Make sure your browser accepts all the cookies the Comcast login process sets and retains them between sessions.
If you use any sort of registry cleaner or other "system tuneup" software, make sure it is not set to delete cookies. Web browsers may have similar settings.

Are you able to check these settings to help ensure they are not causing the site to sign out? 

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

@XfinityPaula​ Yeah, no, all of those things appear to be the case.

My brower (Firefox) has Enhanced Tracking Protection, and it's set to "Standard."

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

828 Messages

@User525

We did upgrade our website with a new look and feel. If you go to Comcase.net you will be redirected to Xfinity.com/overview. Here is more information about our new look and feel: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/new-xfinity-online-experience.

I no longer work for Comcast.

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

@User525​ 

Try going to https://connect.xfinity.com/ to sign in to your email.  You may actually have to sign in, though.  I'm signed in here, and if I click the email icon above I don't have to sign in again, but if I use that link I do have to sign in.   FWIW, when I come here, I leave cookies set so that I don't have to sign in every time, hence, I don't have to sign in to email.  That might be an option for you, if only to get to email without signing in every time.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Contributor

• 

44 Messages

It does not work and I am tired of now having to sign in each time I want to check my email!!!!   Xfinity needs to fix their problem IMMEDIATELY!

Contributor

• 

44 Messages

2 years ago

Same problem here - logs me out and I have to sign in again if I:  move to another folder, or open another tab, or read another email, or click on a pointer inside an email, etc.

Just tired of this stuff.  Stay signed in box checked but doesn't help.  Don't use private browsing and I don't log out on my own.  Just started last week.

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

@marks09281​ The only thing that "fixes" this is a workaround. If you navigate directly to my.xfinity.com, it will keep you logged in during your session. But simply navigating to comcast.net or xfinity.com will not keep you logged in.

Contributor

• 

44 Messages

2 years ago

Yes it started a week or so ago, after Xfinity made changes to their site.  None of my other various sites do this so it is not anything to do with my settings.  

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

@user_cd429e​ The only thing that "fixes" this is a work-around. If you navigate directly to my.xfinity.com, it will keep you logged in during your session. But simply navigating to comcast.net or xfinity.com will not keep you logged in; even going directly to xfinity.com/overview won't hold/stick the login. I'm not sure what they did, and neither they nor any of the browsers I've used will cop to an issue being present in the new redirect.

Contributor

• 

44 Messages

@User525  The work-around didn't seem to work earlier but will try it again.  Plus I want to be kept logged in not just during my session but each time I go to xfinity.  I have several Comcast emails configured within my login.    

(edited)

Contributor

• 

44 Messages

@User525​ Tried the my.xfinity.com route and did not work - just keeps logging me out of email when I do something else. 

Contributor

• 

367 Messages

@user_cd429e , Thank you for reaching out and your feedback on logging in for email. Can you let us know what happen when you tried again? 

Official Employee

• 

746 Messages

Can you try logging in on a different device? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

The "upgrade" to the web site is TERRIBLE. If you have more than 1 account linked to your user name, you have to log in REPEATEDLY just to get to the page you're looking for. Horrible. Who tested this nonsense? The coders themselves who think it's awesome?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Thank you for this, I have been a comcast hostage for 20 years and just ran into this issue within the last couple of months. Called twice and got no help or answers. Following convo...

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Also no changes to my webbrowser/cookies or security settings- or other that employee has recommended. 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Welcome to our community forum, @user_9e13e3! You've reached the perfect place to get help with any questions or concerns about your Xfinity experience :). I know I'd be frustrated if I kept getting logged out of my Email. Have you tried signing in here to see if it keeps you logged in? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here