lindawert's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, June 21st, 2020 8:00 PM

Closed

Not receiving incoming emails

Have not been receiving incoming emails for a few days.  Can someone tell me how to fix the problem. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am having the same issue.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

4 years ago

@mtvaccaro @lindawert how are you accessing your emails.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

i am accessing my emails through mail app on ipad. This message appeared on screen about 4 days ago. "Mail server imap.comcast.net is not responding. Verify you have entered correct account info in Mail settings, which I have done. 

My iphone and Mac are receiving incoming emails. 

Thanks 

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

4 years ago

@lindawert wrote:

Have not been receiving incoming emails for a few days.  Can someone tell me how to fix the problem. 

Have you tried sending yourself a test email from some other account you have like Gmail or Yahoo?  Does it go through OK?

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I do not have any other accounts. I sent myself an email from comcast and it was not received on ipad. I did get the email on phone and mac. The email I sent myself was sent from the ipad and showed up in my sent mailbox but not inbox mailbox.  

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

4 years ago

@lindawert wrote:

I do not have any other accounts. I sent myself an email from comcast and it was not received on ipad. I did get the email on phone and mac. The email I sent myself was sent from the ipad and showed up in my sent mailbox but not inbox mailbox.  

On the iPad, are you using only Safari and the webmail to access the account, or are you using the Mail app that comes in iOS?  If the latter, delete the account from it, then recreate it again from scratch.  Let  iOS auto-configure it for you.  Then see if the problem persists.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Yes, it worked.  I now have my emails back. Thanks 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

i am not receiving my e mails on my computer or phone

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

4 years ago

@Picosr wrote:

i am not receiving my e mails on my computer or phone

On both devices, are you using only the webmail UI, or an app, or a desktop client?  What happens if you try sending yourself and email from some other account you have like Yahoo or Gmail?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

My newest user account sends emails, but does not receive them. I have tried different browsers, and email systems with none of them working. The first day that I set this user up, the email worked fine. However, for the past four days the account does not show any received emails. Any words of wisdom?

Official Employee

• 

746 Messages

@  I would be happy to help and look into your concern. send me a private message with your full name (and the account holder's name if different from you) and the numbers associated with your service address. To send me a private message,  click the chat icon, then the pencil/pad and then Xfinity support.

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I also can only SEND emails from my account. Haven’t received any in a few days. 

checked on 2 IOS devices and my laptop through the web. 

deleted the 2 IOS mail accounts and re added. Still no luck. 

being that I can’t access through web I’m unsure what the issue is???

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

3 years ago

I am having the same problem since Monday evening. Some spam mail is getting through. I sent myself two test emails, one where I cc'd myself, one where I didn't. Both emails "sent" but I never received the one I cc'd myself on. I have a laptop, tablet and a phone and it's the same thing with all devices, no incoming email. All other xfinity functions are working except incoming email. 

Problem Solver

• 

874 Messages

@cyana24, I am sorry to hear you have had problems receiving emails. We might need to dig a little deeper to find the problem. How are you accessing your email on the devices? Are you using a third-party email client (Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, Apple Mail)? Have you attempted any troubleshooting steps so far? Your time is valuable, and I certainly don't want to make you feel like you are running in circles. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I am having the same problem, spoke to a rep this morning who found that a form of my email address had been added to my "foward email" setting, most likely by the hacker who sent "need a favor" message to everyone in my address book.  The test email from Comcast came through while I was on the phone with him, a test from myself arrived and a notice from one of my newspapers.  That is the last email I have recvd although I have sent myself a few more tests and my husband has sent me a test.  He recvd an email I sent him however.

I use Comcast, not a third party. I have been using Google to access the Comcast website to log into my account.

I would appreciate any help.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here