DeDe5's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Thursday, December 17th, 2020 5:00 PM

Closed

Not receiving emails on Xfinity Connect or Comcast.net

I have done all the suggested steps, filters, spam, forwarding, etc. Spent hours on the phone with tech support. I am not using an email client, but am on the Comcast site. The last email was rec'd 11/27/20. Only spam is being received. But no real emails. I've sent numerous test emails to this account from other accounts, which have not been rec'd. I can send email from this account, but not receive. Comcast says my email is fine. And hung up. It is not fine. Can anyone help me? I believe the problem is on the Comcast end of things, but cannot get them to actually help. My other 2 Comcast accounts are sending and receiving just fine.

I'd appreciate any guidance you might have.

Contributor

• 

64 Messages

4 years ago

I am having the same problem.  I can send an email from Comcast to myself, and it says "Sent", and shows up in my "Sent" folder, but not in my in folder. Same thing happnes if I send an email to my wife's Comcast account. It shows up in my "sent" folder, but not in her in folder.  She  is experiences the same problem.  I am using my desktop and she is using her phone.

I can,  however receive emails on my Comcast account from outside Comcast accounts like Yahoo or Gmail. So it seems that Comcast to Comcast emails are not working properly.

Expert

• 

30.5K Messages

4 years ago

@DeDe5 wrote:

I have done all the suggested steps, filters, spam, forwarding, etc. Spent hours on the phone with tech support. I am not using an email client, but am on the Comcast site. The last email was rec'd 11/27/20. Only spam is being received. But no real emails. I've sent numerous test emails to this account from other accounts, which have not been rec'd. I can send email from this account, but not receive. Comcast says my email is fine. And hung up. It is not fine. Can anyone help me? I believe the problem is on the Comcast end of things, but cannot get them to actually help. My other 2 Comcast accounts are sending and receiving just fine.

I'd appreciate any guidance you might have.

Check to see if email forwarding has been turned on.  Go to the gear icon and click on Email Settings, Auto Forward.  If there is anything there, remove it.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks, but as I said in my post, no forwarding, no spam or blocked settings. Have sent numerous test emails from different email accounts. The normal “fixes” aren’t working. I’ve followed all of the suggestions on the net& forums. Nothing has worked.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Help not receiving any new emails

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Have you been able to resolve the problem?  If so,please explain how you did it. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

I am having the exact same problem.  I did receive an email last week from 'Home Support' telling me that I requested to shut down my mail, and asking if I had initiated this action?  If no, to kindly cancel the request by clicking a link to cancel request.  

I just saw this today.  Anybody receive this as well?

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

I, too have the same problem.  I have not received an email for a week.  What do I do?

Expert

• 

30.5K Messages

@wjlusk

Please start a new topic in this forum giving as much detail as you can about your issue, but leave out any personal identifying information.

Personal identifying information can include:
  • Full name
  • Address
  • Email address [any]
  • Phone number
  • Account number

This thread is closed to further replies.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Official Employee

• 

102 Messages

3 years ago

@DeDe5 I am sending you a PM to confirm some information. 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Any help you can provide would be appreciated. We are having the same problem. 

Problem Solver

• 

892 Messages

Hi there @user_f9057e! If you are still having issues with receiving emails, please send us a private chat message with your full name and service address to Xfinity Support. To do so, click on the chat icon at the top right of the page and sign in if needed. We are here to help! 😊

I no longer work for Comcast.

Official Employee

• 

102 Messages

3 years ago

@vzz10 

Hello,

Are you able to clarify if you are referring to a specific sender? Currently I am seeing multiple successful messages delivered to your inbox. If it’s a specific sender feel free to send me a PM with an example.

If you are referring to no emails at all, are you using an email client to receive emails? Or are you not seeing anything via the Comcast portal / app?

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks! I'm actually an IT person, and knew of this problem. I thought that's what had happpened with mine. But no. There was no auto forwarding . You might also check your filter rules though. These guys have also embedded instructions in the filter rules on many of my customer's email accounts. Most of the time I've seen this particular hack have taken actions in both forwarding and filter rules.

Bu thank you for trying. @vzz10  @ComcastSPAAbuse  @Bgormley46  

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I, too, have been having a problem with receiving my emails.  Since 6 days ago I have only had 2 emails show on my screen. Both were when I was working with Comcast to solve this problem, but that has been it, and I know there should be quite a few. Comcast has apparently sent a number, and I have sent quite a few.  A couple spam emails have shown up in my Spam folder and there has been a couple spam emails that did go to my inbox. I am using my browser to access email.  Doesn't matter which one, they all show the same. I have called Comcast a number of times, and am told I do have an open ticket on my problem. (I have the number), but no one has contacted me and my email still doesn't work.  Only one of my comcast accounts is having this problem.  The others can send and receive email just fine.  I have not filters or rules that would prohibit my receiving email.  Which device I use to access email doesn't matter either. Extremely frustrating.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

Just wondering if you have been able to figure out where my emails are going? I'm still not seeing any

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Can anyone assist? I can't receive emails on my comcast account. It is reporting my email usage is over the 10GB allowed and is at3445% full? Not sure how this is even possible. Regardless I deleted all inbox emails, cleared the sent folder, removed all attachments and emptied the trash folder. Still says I am over the limit? I can send an email just can't receive email and have tried from several different sources, work, gmail, etc.. Getting a live Comcast support person on the phone is next to impossible.  Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

I would like to look further into the issue you are having with your email. Can you please send us a Private Message with your first and last name and service address? To send our team a private message, click the chat icon at the top right of the screen. Choose the handle "Xfinity Support".

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

I need help too!!!!!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Can anyone help?  I have not received any emails since 4/14/2020.  I called Comcast and their test email came through but no other test emails or other expected emails are coming through.  

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

How are you accessing the email?  Are you using only the web mail interface? Or a mobile app? Or a desktop client?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@user_46e357 my wife is experiencing the same problem and have tried everything to solve it. Have you been able to resolve the issue?  Please provide the Comcast phone number so that we can contact them. 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@user_46e357 what number did you use to contact Comcast?  We are having the same problem not being able to receive emails and we have tried everything to solve the problem. But, so far we’ve been unsuccessful. Please help. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Check your Sorting selection to make sure it is showing sort by date. Hope this helps.

Jori J.

Contributor

• 

73 Messages

3 years ago

I have joined the club of not receiving email to one particular address out of 4. I currently have a redirect to be able to receive mail to this address. That works. BUT, after cleaning the mail box, spam, old mail etc. I do not receive email! I have many senders to this mailbox so if I loose it entirely I am in trouble. Firefox and edges browsers=same results. This has been going on for several months, relying on a ReDirect to get the mail.

Tried to report the problem but the "assistant" could not understand my problem and I see no way to otherwise get help.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

How do you Re Direct mail?

Official Employee

• 

133 Messages

@oscardelahoya There were a couple of email filters that were discarding your mail. I have disabled those filters and I see mail being delivered now. 

@user_3862cb To answer your question, you can use mail forwarding to "redirect" mail to another mailbox 

Additional Note: 

If you are not receiving email in webmail it is typically related to one of three things;

- Mail forwarding: Your mail is being forwarded to another mailbox and set to not keep a copy 

- Mail filters: A filter rule is discarding all of your emails or moving them to a folder 

- A third party client that has rules or is downloading all your mail off of our email system and keeping it locally on that device.

You can review your filter and forward settings in webmail > settings >> mail >>> Auto Forward AND Filter Rules 

(edited)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Have you been able to resolve the problem?  We need help to solve the same one. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Ive figured it out for me, I usually receive the emails on my computer but were not getting them too, i just looked into this again and figured it out. What I did was log in on this page with the account, it told me something might be wrong with my account so I changed the password anyway and turned on two factor authentication with a phone number. I then clicked the postcard looking button on the top right, logged in again and found my emails. I then got a pop up saying they delete every 12 months if you dont log in again. Hope this helped.

Contributor

• 

73 Messages

T H A N K S!! Yes, back to normal. Will remember filters, etc. as likely culprits in the future.

I can remove the pins from the Comcast Doll.

Problem Solver

• 

1.4K Messages

@oscardelahoya I am happy to hear it is back to normal and you can remove those pins! If anything comes up in the future, please let us know. We are here and happy to help! 

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here