U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Jul 19, 2021 4:22 PM

Not receiving emails from anyone

I am suddenly unable to receive any emails. My last email was two days ago. Several people have attempted to email me and they are not coming through to me. Auto forwarding is not checked. Can anyone help, please?

Responses

Accepted Solution

BruceW

Gold Problem Solver

• 

22.8K Messages

2 m ago

As a starting point, check the following settings in webmail (https://connect.xfinity.com/) under (gear icon) / Email Settings:

• Mail / Auto Forward: If you're not using it, the checkbox should be cleared.
  • Mail /Filter Rules: Make sure that there aren't any that you didn't define, and that any you did define have not been modified.
  • Mail / Advanced Settings / Email Safe list: If you're not using it, the checkbox should be cleared. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@BruceW Thank you for responding. I found a youtube video that said to check the "filter rules" to see if I had been hacked and I had. I found (and deleted) two rules that the hacker had made forwarding all my email to a fake account. I have also changed my password. An interesting clue is that many hackers start their "rule" with a period. Thank you anyway!

Latoque

Expert

• 

28.9K Messages

2 m ago

How  are you accessing your email?  On a phone, or a desktop computer-------something else?  Are you using only the webmail interface, or  a mail client like Thunderbird or Mac Mail?  Can you send emails OK?

BruceW

Gold Problem Solver

• 

22.8K Messages

2 m ago

@user_ba63f5 wrote: "...  I found a youtube video that said to check the "filter rules" to see if I had been hacked and I had.  ..."

Consider calling Comcast Security Assurance who may be able to identify other changes that may have been made. You can reach them at 1-888-565-4329 (from https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse/). Note that this is NOT one of the general customer service numbers.

The first-line reps there are sometimes not very helpful, so you may need to be persistent and keep at them until you get a satisfactory answer.

A full virus scan of your system(s) would be a good idea as well.

(edited)

New to the Community?

Start Here