stuaxel's profile

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Tuesday, April 2nd, 2024 1:50 PM

Not Receiving Comcast e-mail on MAC - Outlook and Native Apple Mail

Two days ago my Comcast e-mail stopped synching with Outlook 365 for MAC version 16.83.2.  I am asked to re-enter the password and after entering I get the error message: "The server for account "Comcast" ferturned the error [AUTHENTICATION FAILED] authentication failed...your username/password or security setting may be incorrect.  Would you like to try re-entering your password?"  Re-entering yield the same result.  I did not change the settings: Incoming server: imap.comcast.net :993, use SSL; outgoing server smtp.comcast.net: 587, use SSL  (also tried changing to 465).  When I tried adding my comcast e-mail to the native MAC Mail Version 16.0, I get the error: "Unable to verify account name or password".  I have third party security access enabled on my e-mail account. I changed the password several months ago but no problems until 2 days ago. I do not have any problems with Comcast e-mail with the native mail app on iPhone 15 Pro Max. I can only access e-mail on my Mac at connect.xfinity.com and it doesn't link to my Outlook address book.  There is also no off-line viewing. Although there are many posts on this forum, I have yet to find a solution here.  My operating system is macOS Monterey V 12.5.1.  If I update to macOS Sonoma 14.4.1 will this solve the problem?  Is there a compatibility issue with all mail applications on a Mac?  Please help.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

6 months ago

Hello, @stuaxel Take a look at this article https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/third-party-email-access to make sure you have all your bases covered. It would likely be best to run the new iOS update unless you have an older app that will not run on Sonoma or your Mac is not compatible. I would check https://support.apple.com/ before attempting the update. 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

I took a look at the xfinity.com article and everything is compliant on my end.  I ran the Sonoma update on my Mac.  I still have the exact same issues on Outlook and Mail.  I can't add my comcast.net account as an internet "@" account on my Mac.  Something changed 3 days ago and it must have been on the Comcast side since all mail apps on my Mac are affected.  Should I change my Comcast password?  How do I do that? What else do you suggest?

Official Employee

• 

786 Messages

@stuaxel Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Exact same issue, same bases covered. 

any answer to save us all some time.

Official Employee

• 

955 Messages

Hello @user_1ym44k. Have you taken a look at that article? Also, please make sure you change your password on the main Xfinity website and then log into Outlook with that same password.

(edited)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

I had the same issues.  My computer showsthat the Outlook application was modified on May 28th.  The last mail I got through outlook on my mac was June 1st.  I can only retrieve mail by loggin on through xfinity.com

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 months ago

My issue was resolved by changing my password on the Xfinity site.

1 Message

I could not get mail to accept my password in IOS. After hours of struggling with it, I finally got it to work by turning off two-factor authentication on Xfinity.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here