U

Visitor

• 

23 Messages

Monday, January 9th, 2023 9:53 PM

Closed

Not able to access email, server error

My husband can log in to his Comcast email but his In-box doesn’t load. A message comes up that says “an error occurred inside the server which prevented it from fulfilling the request.” I spent a good portion of the day on Sunday taking with their support, they assigned a ticket number but don’t call back with any updates. When I call back they ask me the same questions, things we’ve already tried on 4 different devices.  He has not been able to get his email in box for 27 hours. He also can’t send an email. We have been Comcast customers for 19 years. The last support person I called asked me the same questions I had been asked on the last 3 calls, then hung up. Can someone please help? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Yes!   This has happened to me ALL day!

Visitor

• 

23 Messages

@user_27489f​ I’m sorry this has happened to you as well! 

Official Employee

• 

232 Messages

Hello @user_27489f. I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your email. It has been a couple of days since you reported this issue. Are you still having problems with your email? If so, I would be happy to help.

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

Can you help me also? I am dying out here and an nhour on the phone with agent that did not seem to know what he was doing. I must get some work done.  Ed

Visitor

• 

23 Messages

2 years ago

It says “possible reasons: server is down or temporarily unavailable. Please try again in a few minutes” but it has been 30 hours with no in box. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

2 years ago

I am having this same problem today. An error occurred inside the server which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am experiencing the identical issue as the previous poster, summerone, at pretty much the same time.

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

I've had the same problem sending/receiving emails today since about 10 am. Thus begins another week of issues with Comcast..........

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

"IMAP server refuses to import one or more E-Mails. just got this message when trying to compose email

Contributor

• 

80 Messages

2 years ago

Same here in Olympia, WA.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I'm getting two messages: "An error occurred inside the server which prevented it from fulfilling the request." and "This email has no content".  Looks like it's happening to many Xfinity users.  Hope to get some suggestions here.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Also happening to me up here in Connecticut. A little relieved to find that I am not the only one.

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Getting this one too...STILL cannot send or search email

Is anyone from Comcast reading this thread to fix the problem?

Error

An error occurred inside the server which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Contributor

• 

44 Messages

2 years ago

I posted to the forum about this over two hours ago and was directed to send a DM to Xfinity Support. I did that at 1:25 CST. Still no answer from Xfinity. BAD day for this to happen with probating my father's estate. I can't email my lawyer back with the attachment she requested. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

HOURS now of no emails! What is going on!?!

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

@user_278c42​  After 4.5 hours down, it just magically came back up asnd all is well in Pennsylcvania. Hope yours comes back also.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

44 Messages

2 years ago

​​**Update: March 13: 3:45 PM ​ET​

​We’re aware that some customers may be having difficulty accessing their Comcast.net email online and through other apps. We’re working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible and appreciate your patience.​

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

My email is working now.

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

2 years ago

yea🎉🥳!  working now!

forum icon

New to the Community?