SuzyQ924's profile

New Poster

• 

13 Messages

Thursday, June 8th, 2023 9:19 PM

Closed

No longer receiving UPSP Informed Delivery emails

I am signed up with the United States Postal Service Informed Delivery Service. I had been receiving their daily emails without issue until 2-3 months ago when they stopped coming. On the USPS site my settings are correct, and I've followed all the troubleshooting steps they provided. But I still am not receiving the daily email. I added the sender email to my contacts (USPSInformeddelivery@email.informeddelivery.usps.com) and that did not make a difference. I've also had this happen with another site twice, but they were able to fix the issue on their end. Any ideas on how I can fix this? I use the web interface to access my email.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

830 Messages

1 year ago

If you're not getting your USPS Informed Delivery, please send me a DM which includes your email address (and at least please mention USPS to avoid confusion).  I can reach out to the ESP responsible and see if you've been added to their "suppression list", and if so, have your email address removed.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

I am having the same issue. No issue with any other emails and they are not going to my spam. Can someone help.

Official Employee

• 

962 Messages

Hey @Nazif,

Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Community Support forums page. Are you specifically having issues receiving e-mail from USPS? Would you be able to check your spam and email filters by visiting our "Set Email Filters or Spam Filters – Xfinity Email Help" support page to ensure the emails are not being misplaced? Are you also using the native Xfinity email portal by visiting the main Xfinity home web page and not accessing through any third-party program or applications? We hope to hear from you soon. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

962 Messages

Hey @user_vwprmp,

Thanks for visiting our Xfinity Community Support forums. I am glad to hear you are taking advantage of the USPS Informed Delivery service. This is a feature I also take advantage of as well for my home as well. 

Do you happen to have the USPS Informed Delivery address added to your Contacts as well as verified your e-mail spam filters to ensure the e-mail may not be accidentally rerouted to another folder. The e-mail recommended being added to your contacts is [USPSInformeddelivery@email.informeddelivery.usps.com].

Please double-check your settings and let us know if you are still experiencing issues. We are always a quick message away.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

4 Messages

@XfinityAlex​ I am now having this issue with USPS Informed Delivery as well as emails from Potbelly. Can you check if my email has been added to a suppression list?

Before anyone else asks, I have checked my settings on the USPS website, they're are no emails in my spam folder, I have not marked these emails as spam, and I had been receiving them until recently.

Thanks

Official Employee

• 

935 Messages

Hello @gmichae, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the emails, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

Problem Solver

• 

785 Messages

1 year ago

@SuzyQ924 Thank you for reaching out and bringing this to our attention. I can understand how this would be frustrating. Are the emails going to the Spam folder or completely blocked? 

Expert

• 

30.5K Messages

1 year ago

@SuzyQ924 

I am signed up with the United States Postal Service Informed Delivery Service. I had been receiving their daily emails without issue until 2-3 months ago when they stopped coming. On the USPS site my settings are correct, and I've followed all the troubleshooting steps they provided. But I still am not receiving the daily email. I added the sender email to my contacts ( [Edited: "Personal Information"]ormeddelivery.usps.com) and that did not make a difference. I've also had this happen with another site twice, but they were able to fix the issue on their end. Any ideas on how I can fix this? I use the web interface to access my email.

Do you get a lot of these on a daily basis or is it in somewhat of a digest form?

(edited)

New Poster

• 

13 Messages

1 year ago

Sorry if you get this response twice. These are apparently completely blocked. I always take a quick look at my spam folder before clearing it out and they have never showed up there. I should receive one email on everyday I have mail arriving.

Contributor

• 

367 Messages

@SuzyQ924 , Are you having an issue with any other emails being received or are the ones from the Postal service the only one? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

New Poster

• 

13 Messages

1 year ago

I am only have an issue with the informed delivery emails at this time.

Problem Solver

• 

513 Messages

Is this on a third-party email app or via the Xfinity website? Also, have you checked to see if there are any filters or if those emails are being forwarded somewhere? 

New Poster

• 

13 Messages

I use the Xfinity website for my email, not a third party app. I have no filters set, and am not auto-forwarding any emails. Is there a way to see if I’ve marked these emails as spam at some point? It’s unlikely this is the problem since I always check my spam folder before clearing it out. If there is something that shouldn’t be there, I move it back to my inbox and then delete it. I wish Xfinity would move the Mark as Spam icon away from the Delete icon. Working on a tablet it’s way too easy to touch the wrong icon without realizing it (which is why I check my spam folder regularly).

Problem Solver

• 

743 Messages

Hello @SuzyQ924! We appreciate your feedback. I understand how buttons so close together can cause a problem. This link has the information you need regarding spam emails and filters

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

@SuzyQ924 - I have had this issue as well over the last week. The emails used to come like clockwork a little before 8am Eastern time, but since last week, I've only received one. They do not go to Spam; it looks like they are just blocked.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hi there @Thesleepdoctor!  Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out and inform us of this issue you are having with your email.  We are happy to look into this further for you and get this resovled.  Are you noticing that this is the only sender that you are having an issue with or are you having this issue with other senders as well?

2 Messages

10 months ago

I am also having this issue with the USPS Informed Delivery emails. I have not received a daily USPS Informed Delivery email since 8/5/23. I use the web interface to access my email. I have done all the verification with USPS and email spam folder/filters. I am not having this issue with any other email senders. May I please get some help from an Official Xfinity Employee as indicated by XfinityAlex in the Accepted Solution?

Official Employee

• 

830 Messages

@SuzyQ831​ Please send me a DM with the email address where these are not being delivered.  Thank you.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

@SuzyQ831 Absolutely! We are here to help in any way we can. Please send a Direct Message with your name, service address, and your email address. I look forward to working with you today! 

Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

10 months ago

I am having the same problem with my daily USPS emails.  I actually spoke with tech support at USPS that told me it was an Xfinity issue they were familiar with and they contacted Xfinity and it worked for a while. They said it had to do with a service called MailGun.  It is again not working and USPS told me if it came back I would need to take it up with Xfinity. Please help.

Official Employee

• 

830 Messages

@eric316​ Send me a DM with your email address.

Official Employee

• 

830 Messages

@eric316​ I used the email account attached to your forums account. They said it should be removed now. You should start getting the emails again in a day or two.

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

XfinityAlex,

Thank you very much for your explanation and efforts.  My USPS emails go to a different xfinity email account.  How do I privately message you that account name?

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Sent a direct message with details as you instructed a previous poster.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello @eric316, I see you have sent "Xfinity Support" a direct message. I believe there might have been some slight confusion. It would appear XfinityAlex had asked for you to send them a direct message. They mentioned being able to fix the email linked to your forums account.  Are you able to send them the direct message with your email?

Sending unsolicited Direct Messages to “Xfinity Support” or an Official Employee of the Xfinity Community Forum, is a violation of Forum Guidelines. Although, we can see that you intended to send the direct message to XfinityAlex.

Official Employee

• 

830 Messages

10 months ago

Let me explain a bit more about why this is happening to everyone.

In the email world, there are MBPs/ISPs (like comcast.net or gmail.com), and then there are ESPs (such as Mailgun or SendGrid).  Typically, the ESPs send a large volume of messages on behalf of brands/entities (USPS, Home Depot, LL Bean, etc), and there's a lot of orchestration that goes on behind the scenes.  A user/customer orders something, or signs up for a service, or mailing list, and then that eventually propagates over to the ESP where they manage things such as segmentation and engagement.  In many cases, when users/customers mark a message as spam (intentionally or accidentally), a report (FBL is the acronym) goes back to the ESP.  The ESP believes you no longer want to receive such messages, and then adds you to what is called a "suppression list".  And sometimes when you're on such a list, no matter how many times you unsubscribe or resubscribe, it is of no use (depending how the data is managed, etc).  The problem is that most users don't know these exist, or how to get their "suppression" removed.  The result is that we reach out to the ESP on your behalf to ask them to remove that. 

I do apologize, I know it's a complicated part of how email works.  We'll do our best to help you as best we can.  The folks at Mailgun (Sinch now) that send on behalf of USPS for Informed Delivery have been fairly cooperative when we send over these requests.

(edited)

2 Messages

10 months ago

Thanks for the explanation on the issue. I would like to add the informed delivery email as a trusted source so that it does not accidentally get moved to my spam folder. When using the Comcast email web interface, is there a more straightforward way to define an email address as a trusted source than using the email safe list option? Or maybe I should set up a rule that moves the emails to a specific folder so that they do not go to the spam folder? 

Official Employee

• 

830 Messages

@SuzyQ831​ These messages aren't generally marked as spam. The concern here is when users mark the messages as spam (again, intentionally or accidentally).   However, yes, you can create a folder and a rule to move the messages there.  You can also add the From address to your address book (if you're looking at one of their messages, and you click the email in the webmail, it should open an option to add to Address Book).

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

10 months ago

@SuzyQ924 

Just a note-----the "Safe List" option you mentioned.  If you enable that, you will only get emails from email addresses you put on that list, and nothing else.  It is not the same thing as a traditional email "white list".

Just sayin😉

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

10 months ago

I too, am not receiving USPS Informed Delivery emails.

Official Employee

• 

830 Messages

@Junior34​ If it's the address associated with your post, I've sent it for remediation.  If not, please DM me the proper email address.

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

Hi XfinityAlex,

I am still not receiving the emails.  The email address with USPS is the same one associated with this post.

Thank you for your help!

Official Employee

• 

830 Messages

@Junior34​ Could you DM me with the email address that is having the problem?  I'll check with them again.

Official Employee

• 

826 Messages

@Junior34 Can you please direct message us with your first and last name along with your full service address so that I can assist you further. 
Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

9 months ago

Good to know I am not the only one no longer receiving the USPS Informed delivery emails!  My house is located quite far from my mailbox, and knowing what may be in my mailbox is helpful in making the decision if I need to drive down and retrieve my mail right away!  I'd love a resolution to the missing emails! Thank you in advance!

Official Employee

• 

830 Messages

@zookeeper00​ Presuming it is the email tied to your forums account you posted with, I have requested the removal of the suppression from Sinch

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Thank you Alex.  I truly appreciate your help and hope to start receiving the emails again!

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

7 months ago

I again have stopped receiving email from USPS Informed delivery. It had been again working for the last 2 months after being fixed by XfinityAlex.

Official Employee

• 

830 Messages

@eric316​ I saw your DM, and I've escalated to Sinch (the ESP for USPS Informed Delivery).

Contributor

• 

89 Messages

I'm another one who stopped receiving the Informed Delivery emails. Last one was Nov 3rd.

Not going to spam, no other forwarding, etc.

Can you fix using the email account associated with my login?

1 Message

@XfinityAlex​ I have had the same issues and contacted Xfinity who had me do a blocklist removal but apparently there was no issue.  Can you help. 

2 Messages

I'm having the issue too. This is frustrating.

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

@tgor14 I am sorry to hear you are having issues getting USPS informed delivery. I get those myself and they are great! Have you checked your settings and spam folder to confirm you are not getting them? Are you not getting any other emails or just from USPS informed delivery?

10 Messages

6 months ago

I am having the same issue and recently came across this post. I have worked with several Xfinity support folks to no avail. Can any Xfinity representatives on this post assist me?

Contributor

• 

89 Messages

6 months ago

Can anyone do something about this problem?

I guess they don't care.

10 Messages

@Joe_S Thanks Joe_S, it is really frustrating. I've spent so much time on this. Only Xfinity or the USPS can resolve this. I haven't been successful with either.

Official Employee

• 

830 Messages

@Joe_S @philliesdon If both of you could send me a DM with the email address you use for these messages, I'll send it over to the ESP (Sinch) to have them remove the suppression on their end.

4 Messages

@XfinityAlex​ for the tech-challenged, where do I find a link or portal to send you a DM? 

Official Employee

• 

830 Messages

@Joe_S @philliesdon Sinch responded that they've removed the block on their end, and messages should resume tomorrow.

@gmichae click on my name, then look  on the right side for a three-dot menu.  One should say "Send Message".  But let me send you a message to get it started.

4 Messages

@XfinityAlex​ Got it. When I clicked on your name before, there wasn't an option I could find in the mobile interface. Seems it is built into the page heading next to my profile link. Thanks!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here