U

4 Messages

Tuesday, July 16th, 2024 10:35 PM

My phone asks for a my email password but then it won't let me enter it

One of my 2 Comcast email accounts is asking for my password on my phone. It has a box to enter the password, but as soon as I touch the box, it takes me to some funky page that has nothing to do with the password. What's going on? And, I notice that that account won't download emails to my laptop either. Where do I go to simply reenter my password?

Accepted Solution

4 Messages

2 months ago

I managed to solve the issue, although I'm not exactly sure how. I went to the Xfinity store and two reps worked on it for the better part of an hour. Turns out, Xfinity sent out an email that directed users to change their password. This was in response to a hacking of the company last year, or perhaps the prior year. I have read that if you have a strong password, there is no need to change them. Anyway, I put the remail aside with no action. Turns out, that was the issue. The agent at the store was doing things so fast, I'm not sure exactly what he did. But we ended up resetting my account and putting in a new password. My phone then started to download the emails, and I had to log in with a new password, via the Xfinity account, and my laptop also downloaded the emails. The Xfinity agents were great in working to resolve this, as it wasn't easy, and I could see their frustration.

4 Messages

Which leads me to ask, "Do the programmers who set up this notification on my phone ever use this stuff?"

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_3361iu Thank you for connecting with us in our Forums about your email issue. We appreciate you sharing your experience and resolution with our community. We are happy to see you have access to emails again. Thank you for your feedback.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

Same here, since my password change I can no longer sign in. It will not let me enter my password. 

4 Messages

See my resolution below.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

14705walsh, Hi there! Thanks for reaching out to XFINITY forums for help with the sign in concern. Just checking in to see if you were able to try out the awesome solution by user_3361iu?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here