PZ9's profile

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, July 18th, 2024 4:51 PM

My own emails go to my Spam Folder

When I send an email to my Comcast address to myself using the same Comcast address, it goes into my Spam folder. If I click on it in there, and mark it has "Not Spam", it goes back to my Inbox for a few minutes, then goes right back to the Spam folder.

Not a big problem, but kind of annoying.

Makes me wonder how many of my other emails go to people's Spam folders?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

2 months ago

@PZ9

Thanks for reaching out to us today this link has great information on setting up your spam filters and e-mail filters https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/spam-filters-and-email-blocking-new-experience let me know if this information is helpful

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Not really helpful. I know what spam filtering is, how it works, and how to change the settings. I know how to mark a flagged message as Not Spam. Believe me, I've tried all these things many times. Reaching out on the forum was really my last resort. 

I don't want to disable spam filtering, as I get a dozen or more spam messages everyday that are properly routed to the Spam mailbox. Plus many more in my inbox that I flag as spam.

I just know that I always have to check it carefully to find the legitimate emails that end up there.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

2 months ago

... it goes back to my Inbox for a few minutes, then goes right back to the Spam folder. ...

Comcast's spam filters and the filters in webmail only operate on messages when they first arrive. If they are moved afterward it's most likely due to user action or to the spam settings of an email program or app on a user computer or mobile device.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here