U

Wednesday, July 17th, 2024 11:13 PM

My email address somehow has a second name attached to it

My comcast email address, which I have had for 20+ years, has another person's name associated with it.  I do not get emails addressed to her, and evidently she does not get any emails intended for me.  However, even lists of data breaches (e.g. from Norton) sometimes show up with her name and my email address.  I routinely change my password but the second name still seems somehow to show up.  My email address is based on my initials which match the initials of the second person whose name is somehow also connected to my email address.  How do I get this fixed once and for all?

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

2 months ago

user_ubs9id Thanks for posting on our community forums. Where are you seeing the name attached? Is it on our Website (statement) or through our Xfinity App? 

2 Messages

It has changed over time in a few ways, but probably the same problem being manifested differently.  For example, 20+ years ago, before massive data breaches, I would get random emails confirming, say, an appointment or a shipment of some type.  They were addressed to [Edited: "Personal Information"] (will check on this name) but had my email address.  I still get these types of emails, but now they are more sporadic, probably generated by automated email systems sending generic emails from a database.  More commonly in the last several years, I get a report from someone like Norton showing where my identity has been compromised via database breaches (e.g. the recent ATT data breach).  In one of the most recent ones, from Malwarebytes, it shows several well publicized breaches containing my email ... and also show the names associated with me - one of which is MHB above instead of me.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

That is certainly unusual, but we'll dive into this further. I ask that you reach out privately, so we can cover the details of your account and email address. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here