U

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Monday, December 6th, 2021 8:44 PM

Closed

Missing Emails - all folders

I have been reading through the posts here and am finding more than one post about the exact same thing. Missing Emails. So it isn't just a few of us or a random small event. Everything in one of my email accounts that was prior to 08-23-2021 is gone. In our other email account, each and every folder has almost been depleted to assorted dates. Emails that I received 2 days ago are also missing. There are a few that I replied directly to, my reply is in the Sent Folder but the original email is now missing. I did not delete any of these. Only myself and my spouse have the ability to gain entry into both accounts.  We have had both of these accounts since prior to 1999.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

3 years ago

Good afternoon,

Reviewing our logs it shows that a large volume of emails were deleted via the IMAP protocol. This indicates the usage of a third-party email client (Outlooks, Thunderbird, MacMail, iPhone Mail, Apple Mail, etc.). Please review any of the devices you use to access emails with for any setting changes that could have caused the deletion of the email. I have processed a recovery for any recently deleted emails which will appear as a new folder in your mailbox. This recovery process may take up to 2 hours to complete. If you do not see any of the emails you are missing, Comcast servers no longer have the emails and you will need to seek data recovery on any of your personal devices to see if any of the missing emails are on any of your devices. If you do not use a third-party email client, you may want to change your password, secret question, and update any email recovery options to ensure your account is secured. You would also want to run Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware scans on your devices to ensure they are not infected. If you have any questions or concerns in regards to your account security, feel free to contact our Customer Security Assurance team at 1-888-565-4329.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityCSAEmail​ I am having this same issue and spent an hour on the phone with a customer rep. Could you help me resolve this issue? 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

**edit** Is there a way to make sure that emails are being sent? I have talked to people today that I sent emails to, and they have not received them. The emails are sitting in my Sent folder, not received on their end.

Thank You for starting the recovery process. I tried the Recover Deleted Emails option myself and I noticed there were tons of multiples as if those specific emails had been stuck in a loop. Also, I did try to log into my email on my iPhone through the Xfinity Connect App. However, the login would never fully load for me through that process. So I never did actually get into my email from my phone. Only an Error page.

**Emails deleting while logged into my computer.

Last night while I was checking from my computer (which is my normal way to log in), I noticed one of my folders kept changing the amount of emails that it said were actually in that specific folder. It was dropping emails by 1 or 2 at a time. I then logged out of email from my computer.

Side note- iPhone is current with all updates & apps. I have never been able to log in to the Xfinity Connect App on any iPhone I have owned. 

Is there a way to recover emails in my other email also please? It is the original email address, oldest one on the account. I did not try to log into that one with my iPhone but it had the same thing happen to it. A large number of emails are missing. 

Thank You in advance.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

@user_ba462e 

Good morning,

The Xfinity Connect app has been sunset, more can be read here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-connect-sunset
Logs show that all emails you have sent from the same one you use for these forums have been delivered to their respective servers. If people you emailed have not received your emails, its because their email server has filtered your emails out and Comcast cannot control, monitor, or resolve any issues pertaining to external servers. Unfortunately, I am unable to tell which email you are referring to, please message me directly with a private message on which email you are referring to. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am also missing emails in folders here on my Xfinity email as well as in Outlook. It's weird that some folders seem to be fine and others seem to be empty. I would also love any help to retrieve these emails.

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

3 years ago

@user_82fd7f Did you check the trash bin to see if they are there?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here