U

Thursday, February 22nd, 2024 9:58 PM

Closed

Microsoft Outlook "Your IMAP server wants to alert you to the following: Temporarily blacklisted IP Address - try again later"

Hello!  We receive comcast.net email (Win7 desktop, Outlook 2013).  Emails have been coming in just fine for years until about 5-7 days ago where SOMETIMES this message displays.  I think the most we've received of this message in a day is around 10-20.   The weird thing about this is we ARE receiving SOME emails to that address, but also we see this message (over and over and over, sometimes).  What needs to be done to get our email coming in to Microsoft Outlook and get this message to stop displaying?  The exact text of the error message (first it displays): "Microsoft Outlook  Your IMAP server wants to alert you to the following:  Temporarily blacklisted IP Address - try again later   OK" (then I click on OK and a second screen displays):  "Internet E-mail - [Edited: "Personal Information"]   Enter

user name and password for the following server:  Server   imap.comcast.net   User Name:  [Edited: "Personal Information"]   Password:  **********    OK  Cancel"    <-note: I converted the email address to x.xxxxxx... for privacy.

Expert

• 

30.8K Messages

7 months ago

@user_th73k8 

Hello!  We receive comcast.net email (Win7 desktop, Outlook 2013).  Emails have been coming in just fine for years until about 5-7 days ago where SOMETIMES this message displays.  I think the most we've received of this message in a day is around 10-20.   The weird thing about this is we ARE receiving SOME emails to that address, but also we see this message (over and over and over, sometimes).  What needs to be done to get our email coming in to Microsoft Outlook and get this message to stop displaying?  The exact text of the error message (first it displays): "Microsoft Outlook  Your IMAP server wants to alert you to the following:  Temporarily blacklisted IP Address - try again later   OK" (then I click on OK and a second screen displays):  "Internet E-mail - [Edited: "Personal Information"]   Enter

user name and password for the following server:  Server   imap.comcast.net   User Name:  [Edited: "Personal Information"]   Password:  **********    OK  Cancel"    <-note: I converted the email address to x.xxxxxx... for privacy.

Of course you know that Win7 is no longer being updated.  As I'm not an Outlook user I don't know if Outlook 2013 is still being updated but you might want to check to see if it is.

Official Employee

• 

376 Messages

7 months ago

Hello @user_th73k8! I apologize that you are experiencing issues with receiving your emails. You've definitely reached the right team to look into this issue for you. Do you only experience this issue when using a third party to retrieve your emails, or do you also experience when logging in to your email via xfinity.com? 

2 Messages

We only experience this when using a third party (Microsoft Outlook 2013) to retrieve our emails.  I never experience this when logging on to my email via xfinity.com.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Thanks for sharing, @user_th73k8! Are you using a VPN connection by chance? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here