Ronkor's profile

Regular Visitor

 • 

5 Messages

Mon, Apr 27, 2020 7:00 PM

Microsoft Outlook 2010 and Comcast Email

My Outlook 2010 is configured with Comcast email. For what ever reason I no longer recieve Outlook email. I still receive Comcast email but prefer using Outlook. Any suggestions?

RonK

Responses

Accepted Solution

yarntrails

Contributor

 • 

62 Messages

1 y ago

Can you clarify the issue?  Your comcast email is working fine in Outlook 2010 but outlook.com email is not?  You would need to troubleshoot your outlook.com account in that case, it isn't anything to do with comcast.

 

May be as simple as deleting and re-adding your outlook.com account.

jav6joev

Bronze Problem Solver

 • 

2.1K Messages

1 y ago


@Ronkor wrote:

My Outlook 2010 is configured with Comcast email. For what ever reason I no longer recieve Outlook email. I still receive Comcast email but prefer using Outlook. Any suggestions?

RonK


Have you checked your Outlook settings via Files->Account Settings->Email Account properties->POP and IMAP Account Settings and done the 'test account settings'?  

Regular Visitor

 • 

5 Messages

1 y ago

Joe,

Yes I have. The test works by sending result to Comcast Email and not Outlook.

jav6joev

Bronze Problem Solver

 • 

2.1K Messages

1 y ago


@Ronkor wrote:

Joe,

Yes I have. The test works by sending result to Comcast Email and not Outlook.


I'm using Outlook 2013 so not sure if same properties as your Outlook 2010.  What is your incoming server IMAP port set to?

Email IMAP ports.jpg

 

Regular Visitor

 • 

5 Messages

1 y ago

It worked. I deleted my Outlook account and added new account. Yes it was simple.

Thanks.

 

jav6joev

Bronze Problem Solver

 • 

2.1K Messages

1 y ago


@Ronkor wrote:

It worked. I deleted my Outlook account and added new account. Yes it was simple.

Thanks.

 


You might accept your POST as CORRECT ANSWER so others will see it.

Regular Visitor

 • 

5 Messages

1 y ago

Will do Joe V. Wasn't aware of correct answer button. Thanks for keeping  me on point.

New Poster

 • 

1 Message

4 m ago

I think I love you. I just spend three hours trying to get it to work. I saw your note as I was going to do an errand. I did the errand, came back, followed your instructions, and pictures, and it all worked, EASY PEESY! I don't' know what I was doing wrong before.

All my other accounts are Gmail. But this now works, thanks to you. I don't know why, but once again, thank you.

New to the Community?

Start Here