nm11's profile

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

Sunday, March 10th, 2024 3:37 AM

Closed

Microsoft Mail app is now the new Outlook???

I had an issue with Outlook -- my comcast email was no longer being sent/received.   There is no option to reset the password.

So I went the the Microsoft Mail app, and it worked fine.

But today I logged into Mail and it's re-directing me to the new Outlook!   I don't want Outlook, since my email doesn't seem to work with it anymore and there's no way to reset the password.  I am not going to delete the account and re-add it -- I've seen posts where people are having trouble adding an account to Outlook.

Mail isn't ideal, but at least it worked when Outlook didn't.   Are you getting rid of Mail?

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

6 months ago

Where are the email settings to set up comcast email account in Outlook (Microsoft 365)?  I can't seem to find them anywhere!

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

6 months ago

Hello @nm11, I rely on my email a ton, so I can imagine how impactful this can be. I'd love a chance to work with you more on this. Are you able to test if you have the same issue when accessing your email through the Xfinity connect website? We're pretty limited in the support we can provide for 3rd party email clients, but I'll do all that I can to help you. 

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

I had no issues with accessing emails on the xfinity website -- though it's tedious to go through the xfinity website to get to emails.

Is there a direct way to access xfinity emails without going to the main website?

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

@nm11, you can definitely use 3rd party email clients, and we even have a super helpful Walkthrough to help with configuring Outlook. I noticed you mentioned having found a fix for your concern on a different post, did you still have email issues that I could help with? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

6 months ago

Comcast has nothing to do with Microsoft's mail software on Windows. They are pushing them into Outlook.

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

My mistake!  I've been back and forth on both forums trying to figure out the problem with my Comcast email on Outlook!!!

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

No worries, @nm11. We, and the forums' community, are always here to help guide you along the way. If you have any questions again, you can circle back here or create a new post if you have a new questions. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

2 Messages

1 month ago

I am having the same problem -- I think.  Mail was working fine, then MS forced me to the "new outlook."  And I can't sign on.  Get an "invalid credentials" error, which is not true.  And an obscure "you may need an app password."  Meanwhile, I have lost Mail on my laptop and can't get it back.  I can access via the Comcast website fine.  None of the posted "helps" on either Comcast or MS are helpful.   ughhhh   hate you both

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

Hi there, user_lvuqci! I apologize that you haven't been able to get your emails in Outlook and am happy to help! We appreciate that you tried the troubleshooting steps and confirmed you can login at our website and see the emails. Have you tried getting in contact with our Customer Security Assurance department (CSA)? They can be reached by calling 1-800-XFINITY (1-800-934-6489). They can help with issues related to your password. Though you can log in to the website, with the message you are seeing about the password, there is still a problem happening with it. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here