Mike_AG's profile

Contributor

• 

112 Messages

Saturday, August 24th, 2024 1:20 AM

malware has been flagged on xfinity.com

For the last 2 weeks, my Avast one software - which is registered- has been flagging a lionfish malware fault on xfinity.com / auth.  It could be a valid script that is fooling the software, though.

In addition I have been getting numerous page unavailable messages on that same page.  Cache clearing is not effective in resolving this. I am on a Win11 Home machine using the latest version of Chrome

Thank you

Mike

Gold Problem Solver

• 

26K Messages

2 months ago

I got a similar (same?) report from AVG AV 2 days ago while logging in to www.xfinity.com:

Threat blocked
We've safely aborted connection on lionfish-app-u7ksx.ondigitalocean.app
because it was infected with Other:Malware-gen [Trj]. Aug 22, 2024 11:15PM

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Contributor

• 

112 Messages

This is exactly the same warning I get. Thanks for confirming

Contributor

• 

112 Messages

2 months ago

Typical - no answer whatsoever.  You call this customer service?  Baloney!

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

2 months ago

Mike_AG Thanks for reaching out, and bringing this to our attention! Have you reached out to our Customer Security Assurance (CSA) Team about this threat? 

1 Message

13 days ago

Glad I found this thread.  I just started getting pop-ups from Avast whenever I use the Xfinity website to check email, etc.  Same as original post, something about lionfish.  Xfinity, please fix this!  Thank you.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_txdn7h I’m sorry to hear about that popup you're experiencing 

Have you had the opportunity to reach out to our security team to report this?

I have a link where you can report this online as well as call into our Customer assurance team often called CSA. 

https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here