Mike_AG's profile

Contributor

• 

112 Messages

Saturday, August 24th, 2024 1:20 AM

malware has been flagged on xfinity.com

For the last 2 weeks, my Avast one software - which is registered- has been flagging a lionfish malware fault on xfinity.com / auth.  It could be a valid script that is fooling the software, though.

In addition I have been getting numerous page unavailable messages on that same page.  Cache clearing is not effective in resolving this. I am on a Win11 Home machine using the latest version of Chrome

Thank you

Mike

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

27 days ago

I got a similar (same?) report from AVG AV 2 days ago while logging in to www.xfinity.com:

Threat blocked
We've safely aborted connection on lionfish-app-u7ksx.ondigitalocean.app
because it was infected with Other:Malware-gen [Trj]. Aug 22, 2024 11:15PM

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Contributor

• 

112 Messages

This is exactly the same warning I get. Thanks for confirming

Contributor

• 

112 Messages

25 days ago

Typical - no answer whatsoever.  You call this customer service?  Baloney!

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

25 days ago

Mike_AG Thanks for reaching out, and bringing this to our attention! Have you reached out to our Customer Security Assurance (CSA) Team about this threat? 

Contributor

• 

112 Messages

No it has not been answered as yet.

Contributor

• 

112 Messages

I didn't even know there was such a team.  Seems like this is as good a time as any to bring the existance of this team forward.

Contributor

• 

112 Messages

I just tried that link and it got a 404.  Bad link I suspect

Mike

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

@Mike_AG​ 

I just tried that link and it got a 404.  Bad link I suspect

Mike

I just tried it and it went straight to the site.

https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Contributor

• 

112 Messages

@Again​ This is not really a case of abuse. I suspect a malformed script that is acting like Malware, hence the warning from Avast.  There is nowhere in the community to report this. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here