Katy57's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, September 21st, 2021 7:27 PM

Closed

Mail Filter Rules menu option is missing

There was a menu option in email settings to create email filter rules under Mail. It is no longer there, yet there are instructions on the Xfinity website detailing how to set up email filters by selecting this menu item. I have set up filters in the past and need to create new ones.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

106.3K Messages

3 years ago

Not "Home Security" related. Concern moved here to the proper help section for assistance.

Official Employee

• 

915 Messages

3 years ago

@Katy57 Thank you for your post! You should still have full access to the email filters. I was able to confirm through my own login. Would you mind posting a screenshot showing what you are seeing? Please, make sure that screenshot doesn't have an email address, names, or other personally-identifying information. Also, it will not show once you post it as it must be verified, but we will be able to see it immediately. Thank you!

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

@XfinityTony Mine is still there. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityTony My menu does not have filter rules after signatures. I created a screenshot but see no way to post it here. I notice your menu is green with white text, my screen is light gray with dark gray text. Could it be that you're using the app? I'm on a pc using the website, could that be why I don't have the same menu items and why I can't post a screenshot?

Official Employee

• 

915 Messages

@Katy57  The setting is there via the browser. We have decommissioned the Connect app at this time. I recommend signing out, clearing your cache and cookies, and then signing back into to see if that fixes it. Here is a screenshot from my Connect Portal.

(Edited to fix tag)

(edited)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityTony I cleared my cache and cookies, signed back in and I still don't have Filter Rules in my Mail menu. I use Microsoft Edge but I also tried Chrome and I don't see it there either. Could it be some kind of rights issue? Maybe it's something employees have access to but not customers?

Official Employee

• 

915 Messages

Our Comcast.net emails are no different than customer's emails. Can you send over a screenshot of what you are seeing? Thank you for all of your patience in this. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I am having the same issue...  there is not a filter option showing.  I started looking for this because I'm getting a message that my outgoing mail is going to an unknown mailbox...  I'm concerned my e-mail has been hacked.

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

@PCSEEKSSUCCESS Did @Katy57's solution work for you?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Thank you. I believe the problem is some of us are not seeing Settings or Advanced Settings or Filter Rules in our Xfinity Mail (I'm using Chrome). On the left side of my email, I just have: Inbox, Drafts, Sent, Spam, Trash and My folders :(

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

3 years ago

... some of us are not seeing Settings or Advanced Settings or Filter Rules ...

You need to tap or click the gear icon at the top right of the webmail page, and then select Email Settings.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@BruceW Got it! Thank you sir.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here