randy5555's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, August 21st, 2024 7:03 PM

MacBook Mail connecting with comcast email

Not too long ago I lost connectivity between my Apple devices and Comcast email. I was able after a lot of messing around able to reconnect apple mail to Comcast on my iPhone and iPad but not on my MacBook Pro. I have tried deleting the Comcast account in Apple mail and adding it back but every time I try I get an "unable to verify account name or password" error message. Anyone have any ideas?

Expert

• 

105.8K Messages

22 days ago

Concern moved here to the E-mail help section for assistance. 

Official Employee

• 

987 Messages

20 days ago

@randy5555 I'm sorry for the experience you're having with your email accounts. I know we can work together to get this figured out. First I would like for you to reset your password. From there I would like for you to set up your email account to for device. 

I have a link that walks you through changing your password http://www.xfinity.com/password

If you have any questions or run into any issues please let me know. 

1 Message

2 days ago

I'm not the original sender, but I've changed my Comcast password.  I can login online to Comcast and see my email inbox.  However, my MacBook Air keeps getting the same message as the original sender.  I've already gone through and clicked the box to allow 3rd party email with Comcast.  Any new ideas?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here