kevtran1's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, December 18th, 2021 6:00 PM

Closed

Lost Access to old Comcast email

Hello,

I was using an email address associated with a past account from an old house I used to live at.  I did not transfer service, just kept my email address.  I have my own Xfinity service now, not associated with my old account.

It's been working for the last 10+ years, but earlier this week my outlook was asking for my password.  Almost like the server wasn't recognizing my password.  So I went to the Xfinity site to try to reset my password, but it asked me to join a chat or call.  I joined the chat, but the rep kept trying to reset my password for my current service email.

Hopefully this makes sense, I am just trying to reset my password and get my email running again.

Kevin

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

3 years ago

@kevtran1 Thank you for reaching out our of Xfinity Forums Do you recall the last time you logged in to your old email address? You must log into your https://comca.st/3pb7Euk email account(s) using the Xfinity Connect web portal at least once every 12 months to maintain an active email account status.

If you don’t log into your Comcast email account(s) at least once every 12 months, we’ll designate it as inactive and delete it along with all the contents – including emails, draft emails and address book entries. Before we delete your email account, however, we’ll notify you.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Two of my friends who use the Gmail clients to read their Comcast email and send messages every day have lost access to their emails recently. I was able to restore their access almost accidentally by logging in to their Comcast accounts. I have the sense that Comcast does not recognize activity from a Gmail account when determining that an account is inactive. Is this true, and if so, can it be changed?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here