U

Wednesday, July 31st, 2024 12:01 PM

Keep getting this warning message

The provided login data to access mail server imap.comcast.net seem to be wrong. Please correct them.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

2 months ago

The provided login data to access mail server imap.comcast.net seem to be wrong. Please correct them.

That happens when you have added an external/secondary email address to https://connect.xfinity.com/, and the password for the secondary account changes.

To fix the problem, first verify that you can log into the account for the secondary address. If that's working properly you'll need to change the password stored in the webmail settings for the account showing the error message. Click (gear icon) / Email Settings / Accounts and then Edit for the account with the changed password. Enter the current password for that address under "Incoming server / Password", then click "Save".

Your access to your secondary account should be restored. Please let me know if this helps!

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

2 months ago

@BruceW Thank you! That is excellent information!  

Hi there! @user_dpo5ew Thanks for reaching out on our Xfinity Forums! We have an awesome community ready to help! With the imap server settings, that are working well for my email client. @BruceW made a great recommendation! Does resetting the password remove the error?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here