U

Saturday, August 3rd, 2024 1:06 AM

Is this really from Xfinity

I recently got an email purporting to be from Xfinity. When my cursor rolled over the enail address it was [Edited: "Phishing Information"].

Is it safe to ignore this email?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

2 months ago

Since Comcast/Xfinity does not send email from a health system address, the message is a scammer attempt to take your information and your money. Best to report it - see https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/mark-email-as-spam-xfinity-connect.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Expert

• 

106K Messages

2 months ago

Concern moved here to the E-mail help section....

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

2 months ago

Hello user_bk91g1 thank you for taking the time to report a possible phishing email. To report this to our Xfinity Customer Security Assurance Team, please follow the steps below. Please ensure to include the full header details when sending this to us.  

Report a spam email sent to your Comcast.net email account

Webmail Users

Select the message you wish to report as spam.
Click the "Spam" button in the right-hand corner of the webmail console.

Email Client Users (Windows Mail, Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.)

Select the message you wish to report as spam.
Forward the spam message as an attachment to missed-spam@comcast.net.

Report spam email sent from within the Comcast Network
Once you have copied the full message headers from the spam message, paste the header and message into an email and send it to abuse@comcast.net.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here