Biff-Tannon's profile

Contributor

• 

384 Messages

Sunday, May 19th, 2024 1:56 AM

Is Comcast Email Secure?

I've been getting a lot of spam and phishing emails lately. Also getting suspicious emails from my own email address.

Is there any chance comcast email has been hacked. Will comcast alert customers right away if another data breach should occur?

Contributor

• 

485 Messages

15 days ago

It’s never a bad idea to change your account password. 

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

15 days ago

@Biff-Tannon 

Getting emails from your own address usually means it is being "spoofed".  If that is the case there is nothing you can do about it.  Just wait it out until the spammer moves on.  Check your Sent folder to see if there are any emails in there you know you did not send.  If there are your account has been compromised.  Run a complete scan of your system using your A/V software, and change the password.  I am not aware of any large scale hack recently.

Official Employee

• 

499 Messages

13 days ago

Biff-Tannon Hello, I am happy to be of assistance. Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here